The Official SAAC Forum
September 23, 2017, 03:56:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfer Personalised NJ Historic Tags to different owner (QQ)  (Read 1108 times)
duffman

WWW Email
« on: May 18, 2013, 04:32:11 PM »

Has anyone tried to transfer personalized historic tags from one owner to another?  I have a unique set of tags that really are no longer needed, yet perfect for someone on this forum.

Bill.
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »

Has anyone tried to transfer personalized historic tags from one owner to another?  I have a unique set of tags that really are no longer needed, yet perfect for someone on this forum.

Cannot be transferred per se, you can write a letter and submit it to the Special Titles division on State Street in Trenton (I suggest the two of you go in person), abandoning the plate. Your friend can then apply for the same plate and await NJMVS to resubmit it through the system as a new issue. Your old plates have to be turned in at the same time, so there will be a 4-7 week lag time between the time they are abandoned and the time they are reissued.

Hope you find this helpful.

Bill S.

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
Items in black are the personal opinion of this users account
Items highlighted in Red are Moderator duty related and do not reflect the personal opinion of this users account.
duffman

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 07:13:01 PM »

Thanks Bill.....

Much appreciated!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!