News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT500 number 683 lives after about 45 years in pieces

Started by BeaterGT500, May 13, 2023, 02:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeaterGT500

Finally got it running and stopping.  Still lots to do, but a huge step forward.  So many thanks are due to so many SAAC members for their help with finding the right parts, proper finishes, process guidance, vendor services, and just motivation to keep going after dragging this mess home 22 years ago.  Now it's home, running, and hopefully going to see the streets later this summer after the front clip and rear fiberglass gets done.  No time for paint, carpet or door windows.  Going to rip around in primer like a 70's street machine for a while, no hood and tall stacks.  It was a custom 70's street machine when it was left for dead in about '77-'78, so I figure I owe it at least a year like that before finishing it all "properly". 
Lexan windows came from a drag car for $80, velocity stacks from a lake race boat.  I kinda like the view from the driver seat.
Current custodian of 1967 GT500 #683, and a real Meyers Manx dune buggy. Also currently broke as a result.

deathsled

Great looking setup with the day two mods. Congrats to you getting your machine operational once more.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

acapulco350

I love that look from the drivers seat

You will turn some heads this summer driving it around

Well done on sticking to it and finding the time to get it done
Sometimes finding the time is the hardest part

Is red the factory colour ?

CSX4781

John,
   Very cool, that's a milestone for sure. I'm struggling to just get my 69 GT350 convertible to that point but I'll get there. Don't lose focus on your end game and you'll get there. Congratulations!

Dave

JD

Quote from: deathsled on May 13, 2023, 04:17:42 AM
Great looking setup with the day two mods. Congrats to you getting your machine operational once more.

Great progress!!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Lfino

Boy, does that bring back memories. I too ran around in the very early 70's with no hood and velocity stacks! No hood because of a carb fire. Velocity stacks because I still couldn't afford air cleaner assembly.

Spectacular!Your neighbors will "love you"....trust me.LOL bitchin!!!

Bob Gaines

Glad to see the progress. Don't be shy to ask questions.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Jack4159

mark p

Quote from: deathsled on May 13, 2023, 04:17:42 AM

big +1 on that  8)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird