News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

65/66 mustang passenger side interior light pad

Started by texas swede, April 29, 2023, 10:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texas swede

Do any of you have the little rubber spacer (pad) C4ZB-13A739-A available for sale.
Thanks, Texas Swede

6s1640

Hi Texas Swede,

I have no idea what the part you are looking for looks like and I was unable to find an image of the part number.  Can you help us out with an image?

Best of luck

Cory

mr68shelby

Hello Texas Swede.
Are looking for the gasket for the light on the door? If so, the new number in the Master Parts Catalog is C9OZ-13790-A. If you look up that number or search for the interior door light gasket, reproductions pop up. Not sure if you are looking for repop or NOS.
Mike

texas swede

Sorry, but I don't have a picture available, but I know there were pictures shown in earlier discussions on the and SAAC Forums.
Thanks for your help

texas swede

Thanks, I just found them on my PC as well.
Texas Swede

J_Speegle

Quote from: mr68shelby on April 30, 2023, 01:01:37 AM
Hello Texas Swede.
Are looking for the gasket for the light on the door? If so, the new number in the Master Parts Catalog is C9OZ-13790-A. If you look up that number or search for the interior door light gasket, reproductions pop up. Not sure if you are looking for repop or NOS.
Mike

Its (for some cars) the underdash light on the passenger side - at least I think that is the correct side. Never found on on an original car but some report they have
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

texas swede

I checked my car 5S275, finished at San Jose first week of May 1965 and it has two under dash lamps both held with the screw and washer 54543-S8. This corresponds with the 1965 Electrical Assembly Manual, i.e. same screw on both sides but the passenger side is supposed to have the pad C4ZB-13A739-A as well which I am missing. I read in an earlier post that the reason
for the pad is to get room to open the door in the heater housing. I opened the one on my car without any interference issues.
Would love to find the pad. Am I crazy, you bet.
Texas Swede

CharlesTurner

I'm guessing the pad was made to prevent the light bracket collapsing when tightening.  It may also have inhibited a good ground, possibly something intended early in production and then foregone later.  We know there are details in the assembly manuals that are not correct or a transient detail that was an early or late type of thing.

In regards to the screws, I have seen many San Jose cars with a regular sheet metal 3/8" hex head holding the driver side bracket on and some with with that type of screw on both.  The predominant is the machine thread phillips panhead with captured tooth washer and the same style nut used on the tail light housing to body attachment.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge