News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

A bit of Shelby shame.

Started by deathsled, July 01, 2018, 06:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I hesitate to post this pic but I will do so along with the following inquiry.  This can't be right can it?  That aluminum disk that goes where the eye bolt screws in for the lap belts. It should be under the transmission tunnel and not over the carpet right?  The shop that did some of the assembly seemed to think it was correct (obviously or they would not have done it that way) but reasoning it out in my mind shouldn't that disk be where the bolt goes underneath to prevent the bolt from being ripped through the floor if under the intense stress of a severe stop?  Same question on the side where eye bolts go into frame.  SHould there be a disk there as well or not at all?
Eagle eyes will note that the wrong belts are in the car, but Acman redid my belts and they turned out amazing.  So much so, it's making me hesitant to put them in the car.  Along with an outstanding job of refinishing the Cobra intake.  I couldn't be happier!

And yes, that is a red fire bottle in the back seat on the driver's side.   I should have two just in case.

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bob Gaines

Quote from: deathsled on July 01, 2018, 06:22:21 PM
I hesitate to post this pic but I will do so along with the following inquiry.  This can't be right can it?  That aluminum disk that goes where the eye bolt screws in for the lap belts. It should be under the transmission tunnel and not over the carpet right?  The shop that did some of the assembly seemed to think it was correct (obviously or they would not have done it that way) but reasoning it out in my mind shouldn't that disk be where the bolt goes underneath to prevent the bolt from being ripped through the floor if under the intense stress of a severe stop?  Same question on the side where eye bolts go into frame.  SHould there be a disk there as well or not at all?
Eagle eyes will note that the wrong belts are in the car, but Acman redid my belts and they turned out amazing.  So much so, it's making me hesitant to put them in the car.  Along with an outstanding job of refinishing the Cobra intake.  I couldn't be happier!

And yes, that is a red fire bottle in the back seat on the driver's side.   I should have two just in case.
Back in the day no disc was used. After market disc and eyebolt.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

deathsled

Thank you Bob.  I knew you would charge to the rescue.  I will ditch the disk.  Thank you again!

98SVT - was 06GT

Doesn't go under either. There is a plate with nut spotwelded underneath so no room for a washer.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Greg

Can someone post a picture of how it is suppose to look?
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

acman63

take the plate out and thats what it should look like on the inside
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Greg

Quote from: acman63 on July 02, 2018, 03:45:05 PM
take the plate out and thats what it should look like on the inside

Do you know what the correct eye bolt looks like?

J_Speegle

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

GT350Lad

Nicely done, pics aren't working for me but they are marked G3 on the bottom of each side of the eye  of bolt

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Bob Gaines

Quote from: GT350Lad on July 02, 2018, 04:38:33 PM
Nicely done, pics aren't working for me but they are marked G3 on the bottom of each side of the eye  of bolt

Cheers
Those are the ones you want.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Greg

Thank you for the pictures.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: J_Speegle on July 02, 2018, 04:30:40 PM
Quote from: Greg on July 02, 2018, 10:35:43 AM
Can someone post a picture of how it is suppose to look?

I think the original eye bolts in 843 had a flat about 3/8" wide on top. It did have one chrome end belt and one cad plated - for some reason.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

GT350Lad

That's true I think mate, from memory on my original belts the door side floor bolt is slightly flat on top compared to the tunnel one.

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

deathsled

Found my G3s in a box of leftovers.  Nice.