News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Tail light harness

Started by 67 GT350, April 13, 2023, 09:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

Does anyone know where I can get a complete tail light wire harness ? Including, 6 tail lights, 2 reverse, gas tank, and any other wire that would be included? Everything new and one that works and is not too confusing? Were there running changes to that harness?
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67 GT350 on April 13, 2023, 09:45:13 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a complete tail light wire harness ? Including, 6 tail lights, 2 reverse, gas tank, and any other wire that would be included? Everything new and one that works and is not too confusing? Were there running changes to that harness?
A 67 Shelby does not use a one piece harness like you describe.  The 67 Shelby used a regular Mustang harness and Shelby American grafted on a special Shelby only harness to accommodate the 67 Cougar style tail lights. There are at least 3 versions of that Shelby only harness . I am only aware of the very last style used in later production being reproduced. The reproductions that I have seen are not very good . All of the styles can be made accurately if using the correct components which are still available. The trick is knowing which style you need and how that style was made originally so that you can replicate it.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67 GT350

Quote from: Bob Gaines on April 13, 2023, 09:58:13 AM
A 67 Shelby does not use a one piece harness like you describe.  The 67 Shelby used a regular Mustang harness and Shelby American grafted on a special Shelby only harness to accommodate the 67 Cougar style tail lights. There are at least 3 versions of that Shelby only harness . I am only aware of the very last style used in later production being reproduced. The reproductions that I have seen are not very good . All of the styles can be made accurately if using the correct components which are still available. The trick is knowing which style you need and how that style was made originally so that you can replicate it.

Oh boy, my car is number 1416 my old or original one has been painted red like the car, not sure how to "fix" that.
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67 GT350 on April 13, 2023, 05:11:56 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on April 13, 2023, 09:58:13 AM

Oh boy, my car is number 1416 my old or original one has been painted red like the car, not sure how to "fix" that.
I am not sure ether unless I can see it to know if some or all is salvageable or not . There are a number of possible repair strategies depending on condition and your expectations.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

rcgt350

Did you try lacquer thinner on a rag and just keep wiping, it should soften enough to remove the Red Paint, it's worth a try.

67 GT350

Quote from: rcgt350 on April 13, 2023, 10:55:13 PM
Did you try lacquer thinner on a rag and just keep wiping, it should soften enough to remove the Red Paint, it's worth a try.

I was going to start there, I think I did that all the time back in the day.....
RARE  Signature Delete