Author Topic: NOS CobraJet Gas Cap Emblem  (Read 2023 times)

Craner

• View Profile
NOS CobraJet Gas Cap Emblem
« on: March 14, 2023, 05:28:14 PM »
WTB: NOS gas cap emblem
Application: 1968 Shelby GT500KR

Thank you
Fran

Craner

• View Profile
Re: NOS CobraJet Gas Cap Emblem
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 07:12:40 PM »
Thank you .
Yes, I saw that.
Very Strong Pricing Ask.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 08:46:15 PM »
I am curious what is it about the reproduction emblem does not satisfy you ? The color seems correct and so do the graphics and materials used compared to the genuine.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 10:03:58 AM »
I am curious what is it about the reproduction emblem does not satisfy you ? The color seems correct and so do the graphics and materials used compared to the genuine.

So, you're saying the Reproduction would pass in a Concourse Judging?

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 10:14:24 AM »
Yes its perfectly fine for Concours judging.

Unless you are showing what SAAC calls a Division 1 car and they are extremely rare. Those cars are required to have all original parts (but even then....)

In my opinion, SAAC needs to take a hard look at these classes and make some changes

Its past time to simplify the rules and return to one class. The current Division 1 cars can be given some special recognition.

99.5 % of people are never going to build a show car. Simplicity would help those who dont need want to build a car, but are assisted by the process

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 10:33:13 AM by Coralsnake »

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 10:56:31 AM »

Unless you are showing what SAAC calls a Division 1 car and they are extremely rare. Those cars are required to have all original parts (but even then....)

In my opinion, SAAC needs to take a hard look at these classes and make some changes

Its past time to simplify the rules and return to one class. The current Division 1 cars can be given some special recognition.

99.5 % of people are never going to build a show car. Simplicity would help those who dont need want to build a car, but are assisted by the process

That is what I am talking about.  Can you tell a difference between an NOS one and the Reproduction one.  According to Bob, the answer is no so how would anyone know the difference after it is on the Car and being Judged as a Division 1 Car?

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 11:09:55 AM »
There are some very slight differences. I know there are some people that can tell you exactly what they are.

I am confident Mr Gaines understood the original poster was not building a D1 car, based on his previous requests and posts. Therefore, its a non issue.

As I stated before its almost always a non issue. That is why added the comments about the changes I believe should be made to judging. If anyone thinks show cars are built without reproduction parts, they are lying to themselves and I include D1 cars in that assessment

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 11:15:03 AM by Coralsnake »

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2023, 11:27:22 AM »

That is what I am talking about.  Can you tell a difference between an NOS one and the Reproduction one.  According to Bob, the answer is no so how would anyone know the difference after it is on the Car and being Judged as a Division 1 Car?
This is not a blanket situation. Not all reproduction parts are created equal . Most of the time there are easy tells.  In this specific case there are not easy tells. It should be viewed on a case by case basis IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2023, 11:33:15 AM »
There are some very slight differences. I know there are some people that can tell you exactly what they are.

I am confident Mr Gaines understood the original poster was not building a D1 car, based on his previous requests and posts. Therefore, its a non issue.

As I stated before its almost always a non issue. That is why added the comments about the changes I believe should be made to judging. If anyone thinks show cars are built without reproduction parts, they are lying to themselves and I include D1 cars in that assessment
Yes not easy tells on this specfic case. Yes I have interacted with the OP and felt I had a feeling for what he was trying to accomplish.  I felted compelled to pose the question because no need for a enthusiast trying to do right by the car to spend the money needlessly. there are many other mores visible parts that there is opportunity to spend money on. ;)

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2023, 12:40:26 PM »
Thank you .
Yes, I saw that.
Very Strong Pricing Ask.
if he will even sell it to you. Are you a prior customer? My friend went to buy something off of him and Steve wouldn't sell it to him because he never bought something off of Steve. B9 part. This same friend has bought a LOT of parts off of here for his 68 Shelby and 69 Boss 429.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Lincoln tech

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2023, 01:52:09 PM »
Thank you .
Yes, I saw that.
Very Strong Pricing Ask.
if he will even sell it to you. Are you a prior customer? My friend went to buy something off of him and Steve wouldn't sell it to him because he never bought something off of Steve. B9 part. This same friend has bought a LOT of parts off of here for his 68 Shelby and 69 Boss 429.
   Then for $450.00 Steve can keep it  ;)

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2023, 02:46:56 PM »
He keeps a lot of his parts  :o

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2023, 03:24:08 AM »
The reproduction emblems are very good but yes I can easily spot differences to oem. Most couldn’t unless side by side

Craner

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2023, 04:28:08 PM »
Just completed a purchase of a NOS emblem from a SAAC Forum member. 
Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.
Greatly appreciated !
Fran