Author Topic: Good take on the future of Ford  (Read 745 times)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Good take on the future of Ford
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 04:45:08 PM »
Dealers ... the "Mark Up Kings''
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 06:31:48 PM »
Dealers ... the "Mark Up Kings''

Looks like Ford is getting in on it too by raising base prices 3-6 grand.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 09:41:16 PM »
Yet, Elon just lowered the prices on certain Teslas. Me thinks he's trying to undercut Rivian and Lucid and drive them under in short order. They can't compete with Musk's cut-rate tactics.

Neither Lucid or Rivian are even close to hitting their production targets (well, neither was/is Tesla) but Tesla got here first and has megabucks behind it now. I wouldn't be surprised if Lucid and Rivian are completely gone within two years.

My buddy just got finished with his Model S lease. (He has mixed thoughts about the car. He mainly liked it because it's quick. He has confirmed it's not a good road trip car, due to range anxiety.) 

This time, he decided to try a Lucid...the top model, whatever that's called. Well, within 1000 miles it's already having suspension trouble. A shock attaching nut was installed upside down. Lucid is blaming Bilstein. In the meantime, Lucid is telling my friend to not drive the car. Might be unsafe. 

He's been on hold with Lucid for three weeks awaiting a service person to come and check it out. 

You certainly just can't drive it to the nearly Lucid dealer and show it to the mechanic.

This is the type of crap you get with a start-up. I'd want a car company to make it through at least ten good years, with good reports, before I'd ever consider buying/leasing whatever it is they're offering.  Not even at the McLaren level.

Sometimes, the old stuff still does the job just fine. (Ten times so, when talking about cars.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 09:43:21 PM by Side-Oilers »
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 09:54:55 PM »
Yet, Elon just lowered the prices on certain Teslas. Me thinks he's trying to undercut Rivian and Lucid and drive them under in short order. They can't compete with Musk's cut-rate tactics.

Neither Lucid or Rivian are even close to hitting their production targets (well, neither was/is Tesla) but Tesla got here first and has megabucks behind it now. I wouldn't be surprised if Lucid and Rivian are completely gone within two years.

My buddy just got finished with his Model S lease. (He has mixed thoughts about the car. He mainly liked it because it's quick. He has confirmed it's not a good road trip car, due to range anxiety.) 

This time, he decided to try a Lucid...the top model, whatever that's called. Well, within 1000 miles it's already having suspension trouble. A shock attaching nut was installed upside down. Lucid is blaming Bilstein. In the meantime, Lucid is telling my friend to not drive the car. Might be unsafe. 

He's been on hold with Lucid for three weeks awaiting a service person to come and check it out. 

You certainly just can't drive it to the nearly Lucid dealer and show it to the mechanic.

This is the type of crap you get with a start-up. I'd want a car company to make it through at least ten good years, with good reports, before I'd ever consider buying/leasing whatever it is they're offering.  Not even at the McLaren level.

Sometimes, the old stuff still does the job just fine. (Ten times so, when talking about cars.)

+ 1

We still prefer our vehicles that drink automotive adult beverages 93 octane and up.  Bring us more dinosaur juice !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 11:12:37 PM »
Electric cars unsafe at any speed?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 06:17:39 AM »
I heard this the other day from a guy in KC Missouri.
He was arguing with a tesla owner at a car show about electric or gas cars.
The Tesla owner was bragging about his car and challenged the guy to come up with one thing that made the gas powered car better.
The guy told me that he told the guy that a big horsepower gas engine car is enjoyable & satisfying, like good sex.

The guy then told the Tesla owner, the problem is, what would sex be like without any noise>> ha
The owner of the tesla walked off without answering,
I laughed my ass off when he told me the story.
Truth be known, he is right !
Smile
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2023, 09:45:51 AM »
I heard this the other day from a guy in KC Missouri.
He was arguing with a tesla owner at a car show about electric or gas cars.
The Tesla owner was bragging about his car and challenged the guy to come up with one thing that made the gas powered car better.
The guy told me that he told the guy that a big horsepower gas engine car is enjoyable & satisfying, like good sex.

The guy then told the Tesla owner, the problem is, what would sex be like without any noise>> ha
The owner of the tesla walked off without answering,
I laughed my ass off when he told me the story.
Truth be known, he is right !
Smile
John
Great analogy for which there is no adequate comeback.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"