News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Mecum January 2023 eclipses last year's record

Started by FL SAAC, January 22, 2023, 07:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

I can just hear it now, "One just like mine went for $$$....., gee it has to be worth that!"
RARE  Signature Delete

Side-Oilers

At the rest of pizzing off any Mopar guys (I like Mopars too...have owned six classics), how can a Dodge Daytona Hemi be worth the same as a Cobra 427? 

I didn't look at any of these auction cars, but lot #6 and 7 (Daytonas) went for the same $1,430,000 as the Cobra, lot #8. 

Daytonas were simply regular production Chargers with the NASCAR nose, wing, and faux front fender air extractors added, plus some trim. 

But: A Cobra is a Cobra!   And it will beat the snot out of any stock Daytona, Hemi or not.

Thoughts?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

elementary my dear Side Oiler, you have people with lots of money who just want something kool to show off to their friend's or you really must have it

I agree with you, that Poncho that sold for 1 million dollars that was mind blowing.   Not taking anything away from the car, it is rare, it is very desirable,  I love Pontiacs,  but 1 million  ????
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Quote from: Side-Oilers on January 23, 2023, 03:56:21 PM
At the rest of pizzing off any Mopar guys (I like Mopars too...have owned six classics), how can a Dodge Daytona Hemi be worth the same as a Cobra 427? 

I didn't look at any of these auction cars, but lot #6 and 7 (Daytonas) went for the same $1,430,000 as the Cobra, lot #8. 

Daytonas were simply regular production Chargers with the NASCAR nose, wing, and faux front fender air extractors added, plus some trim. 

But: A Cobra is a Cobra!   And it will beat the snot out of any stock Daytona, Hemi or not.

Thoughts?
Agreed.  This is just another peak crazy in these times where crazy is the norm.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"