Author Topic: Are the new S H E L B Ys real S H E L B Ys ?  (Read 1310 times)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Are the new S H E L B Ys real S H E L B Ys ?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2022, 08:07:38 PM »
Carroll definitely had strong input on the Dodges.  I was there.
+1 he was there (Whittier) nearly every day having fun being Chrysler's skunk works. I remember when Hot Rod got hate mail when a GLH-S beat a well prepped GT350 at Willow. CS was somewhat upset and sent Rick Titus to Willow at the next Cobra event to back up the earlier results in public. He did mention that he had added another 20-30 hp to the car we took.
I took the wife's Plymouth minivan there when we shot a cover for Mustang Illustrated - Carroll looked at it an said those wheels have the wrong offset - they were off a Motor Trend project car that went to the crusher (with my van wheels). He pointed at a stack of BBS wheels with new Gatorbacks and said take those they have the right offset. I never could understand how he kept so many details about different projects straight in his head.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Are the new S H E L B Ys real S H E L B Ys ?
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2022, 09:01:20 AM »
" None of the newer cars has made any historical record and lives on the history of their ancestors. I'd liken them to 2nd or 3rd generation wealth where the children and grand children live off the good name and money their ancestor created."
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy