News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Shelby owned 69 on Ebay

Started by Kent, July 19, 2022, 04:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Coralsnake

I think the car just went through the most recent Mecum auction.

Not sure if it sold?

For what its worth, there are about two dozen 1969s that claim to be previously owned
by Carroll Shelby, so I would check that claim carefully
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

67 GT350

I would only want it if Jon Voight Owned it!
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bill

Quote from: Coralsnake on July 19, 2022, 05:33:54 AM
I think the car just went through the most recent Mecum auction.

Not sure if it sold?

For what its worth, there are about two dozen 1969s that claim to be previously owned
by Carroll Shelby, so I would check that claim carefully

My personal take on this, given that CS passed away in 2012, the 2014 issue date and 2018 reissued California title in CST name, shows this to potentially be one where a dealer, or series of dealers, partnered with CS/CST to title cars in his/their name at a later period than the 60-70's, so as to ad "perceived value" to the vehicle in question, strictly for resale purposes only. It has yet to be shown where CS ever actually "physically" touched any of these cars while still alive, let alone the paperwork to the cars at that time.

Bill

PS: Now, and this is just my personal opinion mind you, if there was a 60's issued title and personal family (not PR related) pictures showing CS personally owning and using a particular vintage Shelby, that would add true value to a specific vehicle.
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

67 GT350

WOW CS Owned it and it has the signature delete???!!
RARE  Signature Delete

Coralsnake

Heres a fun google search for you:

1969 shelby carroll shelby owned

:o
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Mikelj5S230

Steve McQueen or Connie Kreski for me......
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Bill on July 19, 2022, 07:51:17 AM
My personal take on this, given that CS passed away in 2012, the 2014 issue date and 2018 reissued California title in CST name, shows this to potentially be one where a dealer, or series of dealers, partnered with CS/CST to title cars in his/their name at a later period than the 60-70's, so as to ad "perceived value" to the vehicle in question, strictly for resale purposes only. It has yet to be shown where CS ever actually "physically" touched any of these cars while still alive, let alone the paperwork to the cars at that time.
PS: Now, and this is just my personal opinion mind you, if there was a 60's issued title and personal family (not PR related) pictures showing CS personally owning and using a particular vintage Shelby, that would add true value to a specific vehicle.

+1 - The only added value I see in this car is that it was sold by Shelby's dealer in Tahoe. Which is also a place he rarely visited. Jackie Cooper adds very little since most people don't remember the Lil Rascals.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Royce Peterson

Didn't Carroll Shelby own all of them at one time or other?
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Royce Peterson on July 19, 2022, 01:49:58 PM
Didn't Carroll Shelby own all of them at one time or other?
Shelby American - the corporation - owned the 65, 66 and most of the 67s. All the 68-70 were 100% Ford.
Of course SA probably had a deal not to pay for them until they were sold (or the bank was carrying the flooring) so did they really ever own them?
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Don Johnston

Following the logic, wouldn't all those converted Mustangs have been owned by Mr. H. Ford II before Shelby "owned" them?

honker

Jackie Cooper (middle) "hey lady, one day I'm gonna have a Shelby"   ;D

crossboss

Back in the 1980s I used to see Jackie Cooper driving his red GT-500 all the time in the 'Valley. We would wave back at each other when I would drive either my '70 GT-500 or Boss 302.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

shelbydoug

You have to be aware of the "Shelby title" scam. I'm not sure if those cars can be positively identified though now?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!