Author Topic: CA Shelby GT350R owners  (Read 1102 times)

pcg55

• View Profile
CA Shelby GT350R owners
« on: July 12, 2022, 04:05:52 PM »
Have the CA license plate GT350R on my '16 GT350R. Considering selling if any interest

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: CA Shelby GT350R owners
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 08:43:19 PM »
Unlike other countries I believe the plates remain the property of the state that issues them in the US.

Still can be used as wall art I guess
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

GT350AUS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 05:27:53 AM »
Hi Jeff,

FYI, here in Australia, we can reserve the plates and pre-order pates of our choice.

For example, my 66 GT350H has a plate “66HRTZ”. in Victoria were restricted to 6 characters. I no longer use that plate as I have club registration which is cheaper  but it is reserved to me only not the state.

sd427

• SAAC Member
  • Member LA SAAC
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle club
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 09:23:37 AM »
Personalized plates in CA can be transferred from one person (or more accurately vehicle) to another.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 05:42:57 PM by sd427 »

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 02:15:37 PM »
Hi Jeff,

FYI, here in Australia, we can reserve the plates and pre-order pates of our choice.

For example, my 66 GT350H has a plate “66HRTZ”. in Victoria were restricted to 6 characters. I no longer use that plate as I have club registration which is cheaper  but it is reserved to me only not the state.

Yes very familiar with that and that many other countries have the same practices. Just referring to the California rules specifically

Issue here is "selling" them. Now if you are out of the US and your selling to to someone else I doubt anyone is going to come after you or if you selling them for $50. Plates often sold in other countries, at least the ones I've seen, sell and are up for sale for allot more
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge