News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

The 5 1967 shelby gt500 with 427

Started by jgroce1985, May 26, 2018, 09:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgroce1985

Guys I can't get into much detail but has all the 1967 shelby gt500 ordered with the 427 side oiler been accounted for ...Thanks

shelbydoug

I'd refer you to the SAAC Registry. I thought there were three? The Supersnake and two drag cars?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JD

Quote from: shelbydoug on May 27, 2018, 07:30:04 AM
I'd refer you to the SAAC Registry. I thought there were three? The Supersnake and two drag cars?

^^^Yes, what Doug said.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Richstang

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

shelbydoug

"Notched/plated shock towers"? This is the first I've heard of that.

That would be an A/FX modification, no? What class would that car be running in? Randy. You there? HELP!  ;D

An A/FX Falcon, a '69 Boss '9, sure, but a '67 Shelby in a stock class? Huh? Hey Dave? Is this author mixing his metaphors? ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on May 27, 2018, 12:04:09 PM
"Notched/plated shock towers"? This is the first I've heard of that.

That would be an A/FX modification, no? What class would that car be running in? Randy. You there? HELP!  ;D

An A/FX Falcon, a '69 Boss '9, sure, but a '67 Shelby in a stock class? Huh? Hey Dave? Is this author mixing his metaphors? ::)
I don't believe that was a SA modification but a subsequent owner mod.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

jgroce1985

shelbydoug

I believe all of the current owners are known.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on May 27, 2018, 07:26:55 PM
You forget about all of the pretender cars that claim legitimacy and seem to come up for discussion every 3 months or so. Of course with no or forged back up documentation. No one keeps tract of those that I am aware of.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Why would anyone?Its not factory ,just an engine swap.

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 27, 2018, 08:38:41 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on May 27, 2018, 07:26:55 PM
You forget about all of the pretender cars that claim legitimacy and seem to come up for discussion every 3 months or so. Of course with no or forged back up documentation. No one keeps tract of those that I am aware of.

I haven't forgotten about them but they hold no special legitimate value so deserve no mention? It's just the curse of the return of the "dealer installed 427" ghost. It seems to return and haunt the countryside like Washinton Irving's headless horseman character or the tale of the Shelby Registry?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

It depends what angle he's coming from,if he's looking for a needle in the haystack those cars have been located and accounted for over the last 50 years. If he is wondering about fitment issues those engines fit waaay better than OJ S glove just slide it on in you will love it. If he is looking for the most powerful engine of its time slide it in and enjoy the ride.  Nothing wrong with a 400-500 horsepower transplant, if you want to make it look original its very simple, if he wants to make it look racy FORD has made more cool pieces than Bayer has pills. Enjoy the hobby.....

shelbydoug

Quote from: 427heaven on May 28, 2018, 08:52:55 AM
It depends what angle he's coming from,if he's looking for a needle in the haystack those cars have been located and accounted for over the last 50 years. If he is wondering about fitment issues those engines fit waaay better than OJ S glove just slide it on in you will love it. If he is looking for the most powerful engine of its time slide it in and enjoy the ride.  Nothing wrong with a 400-500 horsepower transplant, if you want to make it look original its very simple, if he wants to make it look racy FORD has made more cool pieces than Bayer has pills. Enjoy the hobby.....

Making one is a little like cloning Tyrannosaurus Rex. A real dinosaur for sure, but don't look at me, I'm not the one to tell him?  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 557 on May 28, 2018, 03:14:19 AM
The only thing wrong about the engine swap is the BS story that many are compelled to spin to justify theirs as factory. The swap has been done many times in the past ,present and most likely future because it is the best bad ass alternative to factory stock on a 67 GT500 ;D

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 28, 2018, 12:11:45 PM
Quote from: 557 on May 28, 2018, 03:14:19 AM
The only thing wrong about the engine swap is the BS story that many are compelled to spin to justify theirs as factory. The swap has been done many times in the past ,present and most likely future because it is the best bad ass alternative to factory stock on a 67 GT500 ;D
.    What I meant was why bother to keep track of the BS story 427 cars??? 8)