Author Topic: eBay: Carroll Shelby Gold Card Set- Signed  (Read 7290 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
eBay: Carroll Shelby Gold Card Set- Signed
« on: May 26, 2018, 07:12:56 AM »
I just had to laugh when I stumbled across these.  In the ad it says, "These cards were signed by Carroll Shelby in his hotel room while attending the Indy 500 the year prior to the release of the set. These cards are extremely hard to get. Shelby only signed 2500 total cards.  That's a lot of signing.  He must have went through more Sharpies than anyone in the history of autographs. RIP

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carroll-Shelby-Gold-Card-Set-VERY-RARE/132612061565?hash=item1ee04b797d:g:77EAAOSwqhBZl1aq

Carroll Shelby Gold Card Set signed by Carroll Shelby. Mint condition. 8 of the 10 Card Set are signed by Shelby himself. These cards were signed by Carroll Shelby in his hotel room while attending the Indy 500 the year prior to the release of the set. These cards are extremely hard to get. Shelby only signed 2500 total cards.

In the early 1990's a company called Performance Years Quality Card Company produced "wax boxes" of Mustang cards for public consumption which were only sold through a dealer network. The cards produced which could only be opened from the "wax boxes" were a 110 Card base set, 9 card Shelby " Silver Cobra" subset, a special SP-1 (short print) card, and the SUPER hard to get; one of 8 different "Gold Cobra" hand signed (front) and numbered (rear) cards. Odds of getting a "Gold Cobra Card" were approx 1 Gold Card for every 2 cases opened (a case consisted of 24 “wax boxes”). All cards in my set are MINT condition with excellent protected from light signatures.

$1,499.99  Or Best Offer

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
Re: eBay: Carroll Shelby Gold Card Set- Signed
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 08:02:47 AM »
I am no expert, but that doesn't even look like his sig.  Vern?
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 01:18:50 PM »
He was tired this is number 2400+
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 02:21:17 PM »
He was tired this is number 2400+

Ha!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »
No, it's his signature. I have 5 diecast with his signature on them and they look just like what is on your post.

Especially the "C" in Carroll and the "Y" in Shelby.

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 07:35:20 PM »
No, it's his signature. I have 5 diecast with his signature on them and they look just like what is on your post.

Especially the "C" in Carroll and the "Y" in Shelby.

Five wrongs don’t make a right I’m not convinced.  ;D

I truly believe we live in a time where people will say or do anything to make a buck.  Unless it comes with a certified certificate of authentication and a picture of Carol signing every last one of the cards I’m not buying specially for that kind of money.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 08:09:39 PM »
Just saying it looks identical to all my diecast which I know are authentic.

To each his own...................

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 09:43:22 AM »
I just posted these because I couldn't believe the asking price for them.  It's not like CS's signature is particularly rare or anything.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 03:01:48 PM »
I just posted these because I couldn't believe the asking price for them.  It's not like CS's signature is particularly rare or anything.
I agree I have a 67 blk viser with his signature that I would sell for half that  ;) ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby