News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Kirkham

Started by 6s2055, March 10, 2022, 02:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s2055

Just saw a Facebook post that Kirkham has offered his Poland facility to help and house fleeing refuges! Class act!

67 GT350

Isn't it funny how the "newzzz" is making a good guy/bad guy story? When Ukraine is not the nicest country, with Russia, and Communist China? The bottom line is most of one side of everything is blocked by Google, youtube, twit-er, etc.
I bet some still think Trump was involved with Russia. LOL What to think or believe these days?
Just a "critical thinker"
RARE  Signature Delete

gt350shelb

David Kirkham
u234tmo312f064lehd  ยท
Ukraine Update:
Many of you may not know, but I own a manufacturing facility in Mielec, Poland.  I have been manufacturing our own replicas and replicas for Shelby for 27 years now at that factory.  It is part of an old MiG fighter aircraft factory with a long, and sometimes quite sad, history.  Mielec is less than 100 miles from the Ukrainian border. 
Today I received the following email from my manager in Poland, Greg Pawlik.
"Would it be ok if we use part of the building to store supplies for the refugees?  I had a meeting with the head of the [Mormon] Church Welfare Program over Europe. He said the Church is working closely with some Jesuit's charity and they are looking for a place near the border. They were originally going to store their stuff in the Krakow chapel, but we are much closer to the border here in Mielec and we can use the forklift, etc."
I replied,
"I have asked my bank to complete the wire transfer.  It will leave tomorrow (we missed the cut off time today) so you should have it on Friday.  In addition, I have wired [extra funds] to you to buy fuel and whatever other supplies Kirkham Motorsports needs to support the evacuation of the Ukrainian refugees from the Poland/Ukraine border.
Part--or even all--of Kirkham Motorsports' building, forklift, and other equipment is available to support the relief materials from the [Mormon] Church and the Jesuit charity in Poland.  In addition, please prepare our buildings to house refugees, as I fear the time may come sooner rather than later when this is needed. 
At your discretion, you may cease part--or even all--of Cobra production if you decide it is necessary to help the Ukranians.  Our full manufacturing facility is open to help support the evacuation and relief effort, including welding, fabrication, repairs, etc., as travelers always have problems along their way that need attention.  Please assure our workers that even though Cobra production may slow (or even pause for now) they remain "on the clock" at full wages when helping, welding, fabricating, transporting, or working with you to help the Church and the Jesuit charity. 
I leave the decisions of how to allocate Kirkham Motorsports' equipment, buildings, and personnel between Cobra production and relief efforts in your capable hands.  Thank you for your willingness to stand up and be counted.  God bless you and all of Poland for standing up--once again--in these dark times."
Greg then replied (I don't think he will mind me sharing this email).
"Thank you very much! I just finished answering calls from refugees and people involved in helping them find places to sleep. Today Lisa and I said goodbye to a family who spent their last night in Kiev in the only room of their house that still had walls. They are now being assisted by good people in Germany where they chose to go. A lot of suffering and a lot of kindness. Thank you so much for making this crazy world better."
I share this with the hope that everyone who reads this will stand in the face of such great evil and help those in need however they can.  All help is needed--no support is too small.  I'm afraid this is only the beginning.
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbydoug

Quote from: 6s2055 on March 10, 2022, 02:00:55 PM
Just saw a Facebook post that Kirkham has offered his Poland facility to help and house fleeing refuges! Class act!

Absolutely. +1
68 GT350 Lives Matter!