Author Topic: Promotional Mustang Question  (Read 1469 times)

SubDoc

• View Profile
Promotional Mustang Question
« on: December 30, 2021, 06:39:33 AM »
What did a Promotional Mustang mean, was it a showroom floor mustang ordered by the dealer very early to get attention on the new Mustang year after year.  I was told 196 mustangs were promotional cars.  Please advise

Happy New Year
TY
SubDoc

Tired Sheep

• View Profile
Re: Promotional Mustang Question
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 07:04:22 AM »
Told by who?

You need a lot more context to get an answer

Is this specific to one year? One promotion? A specific promotion?  A specific type of car?

There were literally thousands of Ford dealers and everyone of them ran promotions continuously
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 07:31:26 AM by Tired Sheep »

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Promotional Mustang Question
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 02:27:38 PM »
It might have been one that was assigned to some type of dealer event. When Ford is announcing a new car they bring 50-200 dealer reps together and host an intro party where they tell them about the car, options, etc. Then the dealers drive home in their car that was there.
This one at Ontario Speedway had over 100 black/gold Mustang II.
Sometimes there were cars built with a promotional tie in to a product - Think pink Mary Kay cars - red/white Mustangs with red and white interiors for Coke (I've seen claims but no proof) - Jeeps with Levi interiors.
It was nothing new my 59 Studebaker Wagon was part of the dealer driveaway intro at the factory. Then the dealer was able to order his car and pick it up at the event where they toured the plant and watched the new Larks being built. Mine was ordered with every option checked. I figure the dealer got it for his wife.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 02:37:32 PM by 98SVT - was 06GT »
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless