News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Let's see some garages

Started by BGlover67, May 07, 2018, 05:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I'm about to redo my garage (finally) and would love some ideas.  Everyone knows Shelby folks have the best taste, so how about sharing some pics of your garage, or at least one that inspired you. 

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

mark p

Hopefully you'll get some great ideas. Not exactly sure what you mean by "re-do"?
everything for me always ends up being a "work-in-progress" as I've never been able to see far enough into the future to accommodate what happens.
My Pole Building was originally supposed to be indoor parking for the trailer and an extra vehicle... 10 years later, it is jam-packed and has a lift to create double-deck parking  :o ??? ::)
(I used the rigid foam insulation for ease of installation)

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

BGlover67

I just meant finally getting around to adding cabinets, painting the floor, etc.  Thanks for the pics!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

J_Speegle

You planning on building your own or buying and just installing prefab cabinets and such.

Front garage is messy right now - too messy for pictures ::)

New shop is still :( in the planning stage.

I find what is most interesting in the build is finding ways come up with creative ways for specialized storage and needs I have or may have. Often this is easy and cheap but you need to realize the need before the build since forgetting to include them means that they can't often be added later.

GarageJournal.com is a great/the best website for ideas and that sort of thing.

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=7eb0e4c29983376fd6ede5824c24883d&f=3
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Build bigger than think you will need, add really nice flooring, lighting and a " man cave" area. Make it tall enough for a 4 post lift. Really nice built in and movable cabinets and enjoy
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

mark p

OK.
FWIW, that's a Rust-o-Leum industrial epoxy on my floor. Almost 11 years old, and - so far - has only lifted in 2 small spots maybe 6 sq inches total. A couple of my cars are pretty leaky, the epoxy has proven to be impervious to any and all automotive fluids.
(The 10 ft ceiling was never intended to accommodate a lift, but it has worked out reasonably well for my limited purposes)

Good luck - and keep us posted  :)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: mark p on May 07, 2018, 10:15:56 PM
OK.
FWIW, that's a Rust-o-Leum industrial epoxy on my floor. Almost 11 years old, and - so far - has only lifted in 2 small spots maybe 6 sq inches total. A couple of my cars are pretty leaky, the epoxy has proven to be impervious to any and all automotive fluids.
(The 10 ft ceiling was never intended to accommodate a lift, but it has worked out reasonably well for my limited purposes)

Good luck - and keep us posted  :)

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a 10' ceiling! I'm at 9' 5", and it's killing me!
Nothing beats a classic!

NC TRACKRAT

"Oh, what I wouldn't give for a 10' ceiling! I'm at 9' 5", and it's killing me!"

You'll get no sympathy from me!  I'm at 8'-6" and would kill for another foot!  The only saving grace is that we have room for 7 cars but have to use Go-Jacks to get a couple moved around.

5S071, 6S1467

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Corey Bowcutt

This is very timely as I just began the process of building my garage.  Up to now I have been keeping my car in my mom's garage.  But last week I had all the trees cleared from the back yard where the garage is to go.  Very exciting.  The most I can build is a 2 car garage and I am vacillating between 24'W X 32'D X 13'H vs. 26' X 32 X 13'.  But the 32 feet deep should give me plenty of room in the back for a work area and man cave area.  I am definitely having a 2 post lift and the 13' ceiling should be plenty adequate for that.  I can not wait to get my car in my back yard!

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on May 08, 2018, 07:13:25 AM

"Oh, what I wouldn't give for a 10' ceiling! I'm at 9' 5", and it's killing me!"

You'll get no sympathy from me!  I'm at 8'-6" and would kill for another foot!  The only saving grace is that we have room for 7 cars but have to use Go-Jacks to get a couple moved around.

LOL! Fair enough  ;)
Nothing beats a classic!

shelbymann1970

Quote from: J_Speegle on May 07, 2018, 07:03:17 PM
You planning on building your own or buying and just installing prefab cabinets and such.

Front garage is messy right now - too messy for pictures ::)

New shop is still :( in the planning stage.

I find what is most interesting in the build is finding ways come up with creative ways for specialized storage and needs I have or may have. Often this is easy and cheap but you need to realize the need before the build since forgetting to include them means that they can't often be added later.

GarageJournal.com is a great/the best website for ideas and that sort of thing.

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=7eb0e4c29983376fd6ede5824c24883d&f=3
Thanks for the link Jeff.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

terlingua11

Here's a peek-

SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

mark p

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on May 08, 2018, 08:11:47 AM
This is very timely as I just began the process of building my garage...  Very exciting.  The most I can build is a 2 car garage and I am vacillating between 24'W X 32'D X 13'H vs. 26' X 32 X 13'.  But the 32 feet deep should give me plenty of room in the back for a work area and man cave area...

I can't imagine that you'd ever be sorry if you went as big a possible? Post some pix as you move along  :)

terlingua11

I have to say this new image posting thing is quite the experiment. Took me about 30 min to get that up. I like the old quick image post must better-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R