Author Topic: Can anyone ID this '67 Shelby from a member of the South Jersey Mustang Club?  (Read 3349 times)

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
Any members of the South Jersey Mustang Club?

I'm trying to ID this red '67 Shelby of one members' car
This photo was posted on the SJMC website.

It appears at some south jersey car shows and was also at SAAC 33 back in 2008.
There are a few other photos of his car. Most are from the side, but it does appear to have inboard grille lights.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Blackcar

• View Profile
Are you looking for the vin number ?

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
I have 2 photos from last year at a local "watering hole"... this car is definite inboards.. I did not note any other details.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 07:30:25 AM by mark p »
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Richstang

• View Profile
Are you looking for the vin number ?

Blackcar,
Yes, I'm hoping to find out the Shelby VIN. You can send me a PM, if you prefer.
I'm also trying to find a photo from the back to show the tail panel and valence. Even an open trunk photo would be helpful.
Thank you

Mark P,
Thanks for sharing those two photos.

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
Rich -
You are welcome. I updated that one photo with better cropping (imgur problem last night :()
I just saw that car [again?] 2 weeks ago at the Vineland Cruise (I guess?)... how many "driver" red GT350s with inboards could there be around here  ???
I don't recall ever seeing the owner with the car.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 10:44:03 PM by mark p »
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

honker

• View Profile
Rich,  you have probably found this, when I Googled Marvin Askins Shelby, what came up was a link to the newsletter of the South

Jersey Mustang Club, with his contact info, two phone #s and an E-mail.  the info is dated Jun. 2nd. 2016, so I don't know how

current that is ? The link wouldn't open for me. Easy enough to find, I saved the info, but didn't want to put it up here.

Mike
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 11:04:53 AM by honker »

67 GT350

• View Profile
2195? was it originally lime green/gold?
RARE  Signature Delete

Richstang

• View Profile
mark p,
Nice to see the larger un-cropped side view, thanks! It looks like there is a Marti Report hanging from the rear view mirror. Too bad we can read it. That would answer the question about which car it is. It is easy to find photos as it has those older Goodyear Eagle GT II lettered tires and the right quarter mounted antenna.

honker,
I'm glad you did not post any personal info! I'm only interested in the car and don't want to get into his private info in public. I didn't see any contact info listed on the South Jersey Mustang Club site, just different photos in the gallery, at different events. Maybe you could send me a PM to that contact info?

67 GT350,
I don't know what car it might be, so I won't speculate if it was repainted red or originally red. We don't even know if it is a 4-speed or auto (no interior pics to help...if there was no trans swap). I looked for a trans fluid dipstick but, can't see it in the engine compartment.

67 GT350

• View Profile
I was able enlarge it where, it has a Z on the tag. 2195 had that. Also a little "funkiness" on the passenger side above the starter selonoid.
RARE  Signature Delete