The Official SAAC Forum
November 23, 2017, 12:36:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WANTED--THE NEXT GENERATION OF SHELBY ENTHUSIASTS!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 75443 times)
pmspero

Email
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 08:11:12 AM »

My Mikayla will be 9. My Anna will be 5 and my Delia is 13 months. With Justin Beaver and like company as my competition, it's a tough go........but I'm trying my best.  Lager

* Pit crew.jpg (5.36 KB, 640x480 - viewed 567 times.)
supershifter2

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 11:29:22 PM »

like i posted in another thread most people are priced out of the market. some of my friends love the cars and neither tey or their late teen and early 20's boys can afford a plain old $5000.00 much less a shelby. either the price comes down or the cars go inside some rich collectors bulding or even worse they all end up overseas. a few of my older freinds are priced out of the market. and its not just shelbys it other old cars like darts, dusters, chevelles, fairlanes and even 68-69 torinos have jumped way up. back in the 70's i would go looking for 65-66 mustangs fastbacks and shelbys. a reaaly good driver fastback would sell for 700 tops. i through several. i had a few chances to buy a couple of good driving 65-66 gt350's for about 2k each. 100k for a shelby prices most people out of the market. then these young kids balk at paying 100k for a car that can be outrun by 30k luxury car with a/c power everthing. i go to a lot of car shows here in los angeles and would like to own a 70.5-73 camaro but the price is beyond comprehension. most of the people that like these old cars to begin with are hotrodders like me. from what i'v seen over the years are invetors(car flippers) that saw these kinds of cars as a way to make money. i'v met guys that had a gt350/500 and didnt have a clue about the car and didnt plan to keep it. they said its an investment. how many young people do you know that are investors. i never met a real car guy that was an investor. all the hotrodders like me are always broke cause were always buying stuuf for our hotrod(s). new tires cause we burnt the tread off the others at the track. new driveshaft cause the other one couldnt handle the hp. a set of roadrace slicks and wheels so we can go faster at the next willowsprings event. new paint job,etc. these are the facts. however you look at it most people are priced out of the old car market. a friends nephew wants a 67-68 fastback but cant afford it on a 10 dollar an hour job. its the way it is . foto of me on the left and a friend in front of one of my 66 fastbacks at an saac autocross in 1979. my friend bought a nice used 67 fairlane gt 390 for a few hundred off a used car lto back then. he would be priced out of the market today.

* BAD ASSES HELL YEAH.jpg (6.47 KB, 720x516 - viewed 554 times.)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:34:54 PM by supershifter2 » Logged
zray

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 05:45:12 AM »

"...............foto of me on the left and a friend in front of one of my 66 fastbacks at an saac autocross in 1979. ........"

Great photo !

I copied that photo from some previous post of yours somewhere....  it's been part of my revolving desktop photo collection for some time. Are you still in touch with your badass pal ?

Z.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:46:43 AM by zray » Logged
Bob Gaines

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 06:17:54 AM »

Black hole when you click on picture.- I think you have to shorten the name (spaces between letters freaks it out?) on you photo and then repost it. Be sure to leave the name of your pictiure in the written post because it is appropriate  Grin  Chug a Lug

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
CorvetteMike (formerly mikeljgt500kr)

In the High Mountains of New Mexico

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 06:48:12 AM »

Here's what I did to keep my daughter involved with old cars:
http://blog.chron.com/heidispics/2012/05/daughter-gets-playboy-pink-mustang/
Next, she gets the KR....if she could ever let loose of her pink one....

Doug C

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 07:09:04 AM »

Here's what I did to keep my daughter involved with old cars:
http://blog.chron.com/heidispics/2012/05/daughter-gets-playboy-pink-mustang/
Next, she gets the KR....if she could ever let loose of her pink one....

Perfect and love it.

66 "Red" Shelby Hertz, 2007 Shelby GT and 64 Tiger
DR

Anyone can buy it...Few Can build it!!

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 09:57:31 AM »

I have kept my kids involved in my cars over the years. It is less about the cars for me and more about justs getting to spend time with them. They have been good helpers with great attitudes. The day my sons got there drivers licence each of them were tossed a set of keys to whatever car they liked the most and asked to go to the store for something we probably didn't really need at that moment. In true fashion it took longer then expected to return but they are both such good responsible kids I knew all was going to be fine. From that day on the hook has been set even deeper.

I am proud of them and they are both big help around the shop.

* chan under car.jpg (10.05 KB, 640x960 - viewed 506 times.)

130 miles from Laguna Seca Raceway
190 miles from Sonoma Raceway
205 miles to Fontana Raceway

My low post count means I use my brain first and my mouth second!
Texas Swede

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »

This is my oldest grandson, 5 year old Sebastian in my 65 when he visited from Sweden with his little brother
Eric 3, my son and his wife.
When I took him for a ride in my 67 over in Sweden he cried. He was 1.5 years old at the time.
This time he didn't cry and he even wore the SCAT T-shirt.
Texas Swede

* Summer 2012 005.jpg (8.09 KB, 800x600 - viewed 498 times.)
C6ZZGT

Email
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2016, 11:17:03 PM »

Well I missed this till now ! My boy just turned 7 a couple weeks ago and he is now starting to show signs of wanting to go to shows and actually wants to go under the car and clean. There is hope but being priced out of the market I agree is a huge problem.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!