Author Topic: Longer seat belts for a 69 Shelby  (Read 1870 times)

Dan353

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Longer seat belts for a 69 Shelby
« on: August 29, 2021, 05:32:19 AM »
  I was wondering if someone makes a longer shoulder harness for a 69 Shelby? Or a seat belt extender?  Seems like the V is always rubbing into the back of my neck and it’s hard to reach the wiper and headlight switch while using the shoulder straps

Thanks Dan

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Longer seat belts for a 69 Shelby
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 10:11:25 AM »
  I was wondering if someone makes a longer shoulder harness for a 69 Shelby? Or a seat belt extender?  Seems like the V is always rubbing into the back of my neck and it’s hard to reach the wiper and headlight switch while using the shoulder straps

Thanks Dan
I have seen lap belts done in the past but not shoulder harness. I am sure a shoulder harness extension could be made . Commercially no one in there right mind would want to take the liability on for the small amount charged and small numbers that possibly could be sold messing with a safety item IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TA Coupe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 04:36:07 PM »
Just Google seatbelt extender and you will find what you are looking for.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Tired Sheep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 04:45:01 PM »
The shoulder harness can not be extended with a seat belt extender. The ends are bolted to the floor.

Your only option is to get one of the seat belt rebuilders to refurbish your y belt with added material to make the "legs" longer.

I am quite sure they have had that request before.