News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Longer seat belts for a 69 Shelby

Started by Dan353, August 29, 2021, 05:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan353

I was wondering if someone makes a longer shoulder harness for a 69 Shelby? Or a seat belt extender?  Seems like the V is always rubbing into the back of my neck and it's hard to reach the wiper and headlight switch while using the shoulder straps

Thanks Dan

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Dan353 on August 29, 2021, 05:32:19 AM
  I was wondering if someone makes a longer shoulder harness for a 69 Shelby? Or a seat belt extender?  Seems like the V is always rubbing into the back of my neck and it's hard to reach the wiper and headlight switch while using the shoulder straps

Thanks Dan
I have seen lap belts done in the past but not shoulder harness. I am sure a shoulder harness extension could be made . Commercially no one in there right mind would want to take the liability on for the small amount charged and small numbers that possibly could be sold messing with a safety item IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TA Coupe

Just Google seatbelt extender and you will find what you are looking for.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Tired Sheep

The shoulder harness can not be extended with a seat belt extender. The ends are bolted to the floor.

Your only option is to get one of the seat belt rebuilders to refurbish your y belt with added material to make the "legs" longer.

I am quite sure they have had that request before.