News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Walk MS - 2018 fundraising

Started by mark p, April 20, 2018, 01:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark p

As many of you know, my wife has been hit hard by Multiple Sclerosis.
For anyone that isn't familiar, this is a nasty disease that is mainly found in women ages about 25 to 50. There is no current prevention or cure, leaving loved ones and care-givers feeling mostly helpless.
Nancy was diagnosed with MS back in the mid-90s - while still in her 30s. At first there were only minor troubles, but since 2006 she has been in a wheelchair and has continued to lose more function over time  :(
There is plenty of further info on the National MS Society website, if you are interested.
We attended to the Delaware Valley Chapter MS Society "Convention" a few years back... the thing that struck me the most was the need for research $$.
Thus - I fundraise by doing the Walk MS event. To make a donation - Simply click on the link below,  or contact me via PM, or email:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Walk/PAEWalkEvents?px=4766859&pg=personal&fr_id=29486

Any donations are helpful.
We have been blown away by support of SAAC-ers for past events and are very appreciative  :)
Thank you for your consideration,
Mark
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

KR500

Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

Bill

Quote from: mark p on April 20, 2018, 01:05:23 PM
As many of you know, my wife has been hit hard by Multiple Sclerosis.
For anyone that isn't familiar, this is a nasty disease that is mainly found in women ages about 25 to 50. There is no current prevention or cure, leaving loved ones and care-givers feeling mostly helpless.
Nancy was diagnosed with MS back in the mid-90s - while still in her 30s. At first there were only minor troubles, but since 2006 she has been in a wheelchair and has continued to lose more function over time  :(
There is plenty of further info on the National MS Society website, if you are interested.
We attended to the Delaware Valley Chapter MS Society "Convention" a few years back... the thing that struck me the most was the need for research $$.
Thus - I fundraise by doing the Walk MS event. To make a donation - Simply click on the link below,  or contact me via PM, or email:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Walk/PAEWalkEvents?px=4766859&pg=personal&fr_id=29486

Any donations are helpful.
We have been blown away by support of SAAC-ers for past events and are very appreciative  :)
Thank you for your consideration,
Mark

Mark,

As you know, my sister is also a MS patient, a truly debilitating disease, with no real cure at this time. My donation went in this AM, and my hope is that others on the forum will follow suit.

Miss you and Nancy.......

Sincerely,

Bill S & Family
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

SFM6S087

Thanks for reminding us of an opportunity to make a real difference in the world. Just made my donation. Good luck.

Steve

mark p

mark p

I'll try one last "bump" - 3 days until the Walk at Cooper River Park.
thanks,
Mark

mark p

Yesterday was a fine day for the Walk, heavy cloud cover (no rain), low-60s, and a breeze.
Cooper River Park provided scenic views (including this Philly skyline from one of the bridges) and a nice loop route. Google says a bit under 4 miles.
Thanks again to all generous donors  8) :)
Mark