News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Temporary headrests

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, May 06, 2018, 09:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Alright I've convinced the wife to ride on a pretty long (1,000 mile plus trip) she insists that she need a headrest. I am looking for some kind on temporary headrest that can be either a cushion/headrest combination or some kind on slip on headrest. She says her father had one in the 60s.

Any suggestions? Don't want to drill, cut holes or modify the stock seats.
It's for a 66 GT350 with stock seats
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

98SVT - was 06GT

How about one of those airplane neck pillows?
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

gjz30075

Steve, I think you mean head 'restraint'?    Something to minimize whiplash in the event of being rear ended.
Greg Z
6S2249

She like the head rest to lean against her neck. Airline pillow won't give her the type of feeling she wants
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

tesgt350

deathsled

Cervical collar.

In all seriousness, just take more breaks along the way, do stretches and shoulder rolls.

Happy travels,

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

papa scoops

ford used to make a set that had "U" shaped brackets that just slipped over the top of the back. they were also made by other companies  phred

Special Ed

we have a nos ford black headrest kit on ebay now on our ebay store u may want to look at.

Quote from: papa scoops on May 07, 2018, 11:48:42 AM
ford used to make a set that had "U" shaped brackets that just slipped over the top of the back. they were also made by other companies  phred

That's what she wants