News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Magstar lug nut question....

Started by PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy, June 16, 2021, 08:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy

So, the KH Magstars take a special lug nut...  The Cougar has long wheel studs...I can't use the typical Magstar lug nut.  I'll need an open end.  If anyone know of an after market option with the correct collar size, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction!  Thanks folks!
Tom - DFW, Texas

Bob Gaines

Quote from: PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy on June 16, 2021, 08:39:16 PM
So, the KH Magstars take a special lug nut...  The Cougar has long wheel studs...I can't use the typical Magstar lug nut.  I'll need an open end.  If anyone know of an after market option with the correct collar size, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction!  Thanks folks!
While on the Magstar subject keep in mind that the Magstar wheels will limit brake selections. For example the wheels have clearance for the 4 piston Mustang calipers but they will not have clearance if you run the bigger Thunderbird four piston calipers like were used in 68 up TA or what many vintage racers run today regardless of year because they are stealth upgrades.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy

Thank you for the feed-back Bob... Btw, I'll message you on the other parts, and a list of others I'll need...  Yes... I am using OE front discs and the rear is a Versailles rear end that they pulled the discs off and installed drums (I guess another vintage requirement...).  I had a Versailles rear on a 65' and ran Craig's Shelby Cragers, and they were fine, so hopefully, I'll be ok there...  Will just be a street toy...and I'll need kick-outs for the cage... Man, that's a beating @ 60!  The list gets bigger...
Tom - DFW, Texas