The Official SAAC Forum
October 30, 2014, 06:43:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pics of my front suspension - what's beat? useable? Is that an UCA Drop??  (Read 2001 times)
Helmantel

Email
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 03:37:43 PM »

All 67-73 Mustangs, Granadas, Comets, Mavericks, Lincoln Versailles have the same spindle geometry (both drum and disc), which means that the ball joint centers are in the same position. Where they differ is: tie rod hole size, spindle pin diameter (67-69 take the smaller A2 and A6 bearings, 70+ take the larger A12-A13 combination).

They fit the 65-66 cars (ball joints are the same size), as long as the appropriate tie rod is used, but the steering arm geometry is different and increases bump steer. Whether or not that is a big problem depends on how much the rest of the suspension deviates from stock and how picky you are.

Since the spindle in the picture has a 68-73 style caliper on it, I assume the spindle is from 68-73 as well. The rotors are the stock style with a separate hub, but I'm not sure which year (later than 1971 for sure). 

The Granada spindle is in principle the same at the 68-73 Mustang spindles but with a few differences: the upper hole for the caliper bracket bolt is slightly larger (to accept one size larger bolt), it uses the A12-A13 bearings (like 70-73 Mustangs), the tie rod hole is larger

Hope this helps

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:43:56 PM by Helmantel » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!