The Official SAAC Forum
November 28, 2014, 07:13:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Huge Thanks to Dan, the Lehigh Valley Region gang, Bill Collins and Bruce Larson  (Read 1223 times)
mark p

car crazy from birth

« on: October 17, 2011, 04:30:09 PM »

A huge "THANKS" to the crew and hosts for organizing and executing a fantastic weekend.
Great/friendly people, a beautiful drive, 'way cool sights, sites/destinations, good food, incredible cars, nice hotel... and couldn't have even asked for nicer October weather.

66 Tiger 'MK 1A'
65 Thunderbird Special Landau 'MBRGLO'
66shelby
ExCarryover Owner &

DRIVEN...The way Carroll Shelby intended.

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 04:34:15 PM »

A huge "THANKS" to the crew and hosts for organizing and executing a fantastic weekend.
Great/friendly people, a beautiful drive, 'way cool sights, sites/destinations, good food, incredible cars, nice hotel... and couldn't have even asked for nicer October weather.

Ditto Chug a Lug

Its better to be a racer for a minute, than a spectator for a lifetime.
1109RWHP

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 04:51:02 PM »

x3

bosstachamp

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 05:06:24 PM »

We had a Great time.
Will be back next year Chug a Lug

Tony356

tony356 tony356
Email
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 05:12:24 PM »

Agree! Very nice job by everyone. I enjoyed the event and will be back next year.

2011 gt350
2012 Boss 302
Cobrask8
SAAC Nat'l Coordinator of Regions

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 05:48:18 PM »

To everyone who joined us,

THANK YOU for being part of it!  Chug a Lug

This year was the 2nd try, based on a great first event, and then trying to make it the same fun time, but with some new character and changes to set it aprt from the first. We still had some hiccups, but on the whole, I think it worked great.

I must thank my SAAC Region members, SAAC HQ, Sponsors, the host hotel, Bill collins and Bruce larson for helping make the 2nd  year just as fresh, fun, and cool and the first. What can be done for next year is still to be discovered.

Yes, as Diana said at the car show awards, it's a TON of work. But, the results are worth it, we all had a great event. Everyone wants us back next year! Part of being a club, doing things for all.

The most suprising part of the weekend was Bruce Larson's Barn and the suprising openess and warmth from Bruce himself. He confided in me after that our group was one of the best he's had, was genuinely interested in his career and history, and he wants us back next year. At the dinner, he changed his mind from an adamant "No" for not speaking to changing his mind and speaking at dinner, That literally happened that eve. I was floored and gratetul. He even joined us at our table at the bar after and enjoyed a drink with us.

This year's route (minus the missing word "WEST") turned out to be a great run, scenic, and easy on the bladder. Bill's reception for us was great again, and as we pulled in we were greeted by some outstanding cars in the lot.

The car show was again great, a heavy dose of 65 & 66 350's, plus a great mix of everything else.

For me, the best part was you. I made some new friends, terrorozed one member from Kasas, found some old friends I had not seen in years, and saw other people find friends, owners, and aquainances from thier past. Stuff you cannot put a price tag on. That's what makes it worth it.

And the tears in Diana's eyes upon recieving the Kenny Beers award was just the perfect end.

I'm still tired, but loved every minute of it, and am happy to go through it again.

Dan

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 06:00:08 PM by Cobrask8 » Logged

Official Home of CHEPSK8 RACING TEAM

1109RWHP

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 06:14:30 PM »

I can't wait to see what you come up with next year.  One of may favorite parts of the trip was when we swarmed that little mini mart in the middle of no where. I think they had to order more stuff after we left.

Cobrask8

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 07:21:01 PM »

I can't wait to see what you come up with next year.  One of may favorite parts of the trip was when we swarmed that little mini mart in the middle of no where. I think they had to order more stuff after we left.

Hah, that was quite the parking lot! And random cars pulling over to see our cars too!  Camera

Bob Gaines

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 07:49:45 PM »

I had a great time . I met new friends and reminisced with old ones. Thanks to Tony356 who was nice enough to let me drive his new GT350 for part of the cruise. The car sights were awesome. PeelOut . Bob

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
Brant

www.VAMustang.com

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 07:54:21 AM »

Dan,

You and your crew did a great job!  I'm already looking forward to next year's meet. 

The cars were great, and the people were better.

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang
DC-DD

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 07:48:54 PM »

I have to thank the crew that made the car show work much easier for me.  Cindi Kramer, who is brand new to our Club, stepped up and offered to help when and where ever I needed her.  She sold the merchandise for us.  Deb Miller help at registration, count ballots and helped tear down.  Gary Miller, Bill P., Dominic, Dan Reiter, Terry Welsh (also new to our Club), Bill Silverstein and Tom Kramer helped park the cars.  Counting ballots, Carol P., Greg K., Cindy & Tom P., Bill S., Bill P., Gary & Deb M.  If I missed anyone I sincerely apologize but I wanted to specifically thank these members. 

Car show day was very interesting for me.  The man that sold me my car back in 1976 showed up, Barry Pizzano.  Since he was a member of National SAAC way back when, he spent time catching up with Howard Pardee and Chuck Cantwell.  There was another man there that use to be my neighbor when I lived in Trucksville, PA (20 years ago).  He had spoke to me several times back then about my Shelby.  He has a Boss 302.

The Shelby world is a small place. 

As I stated at the car show, without Dan Reiter this event would not have come even close to happening.  Dan did a super job meeting with people , laying out the cruise/rally route, writing all the documentation and doing the main registration.  A HUGE THANK YOU TO DAN.

Diana 

GoMangoMan

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 06:09:35 PM »

As a newbie (with my Cobra still on order) I contacted Dan and explained my situation of not having my car as of yet. He welcomed my wife and I into the club and spoke to us at both the banquet and car show. We enjoyed the warmth of our banquet table-mates as they made us feel like one of the family! I look forward to this show for next year when I can join in for the drive! thanks Dan, and everyone who contributed to making this past weekend a success!

Regards, Rob
Doug C

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 06:13:16 PM »

As a newbie (with my Cobra still on order) I contacted Dan and explained my situation of not having my car as of yet. He welcomed my wife and I into the club and spoke to us at both the banquet and car show. We enjoyed the warmth of our banquet table-mates as they made us feel like one of the family! I look forward to this show for next year when I can join in for the drive! thanks Dan, and everyone who contributed to making this past weekend a success!

This is exactly what makes the SAAC people so special, their warmth.

66 "Red" Shelby Hertz, 2007 Shelby GT and 55 Nomad
Cobrask8

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 06:43:17 PM »

This is exactly what makes the SAAC people so special, their warmth.

Chug a Lug Party on

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!