The Official SAAC Forum
December 15, 2017, 10:27:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Checkered Flag - Kenny Beers  (Read 40290 times)
SHELBYH1886

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »

With a Heavy heart and tears in my eyes I am having a hard time typing this. I have known Kenny for over 20 years We met at a SAAC convention while showing our 67 500's. We realized our cars were 2 #'s apart, ordered and sold from the same Dealership. We were also both Electricians.  We became good friends from the get go. We both had Nextel so we talked cars on the radio all the time, we were only a click away. He has always been a big part of this club, volunteering his time, whether helping running track or Concours judging 67s or helping with the popular ballot show. His love for the cars and his knowledge for 67s put him near the top of the list for people looking for the right answer for their restoration questions. I was on the phone with him no less than four times the day before as he had the day off and he and his neighbor were removing his pedal assembly.  If I knew it was the last time I would have talked to him, I would have said a lot more.

My heart goes out to his Wife, his Son and his family. Kenny, This club will miss you and I know I will miss you.

Dominic

Kenny was the one that introduced me to Dominic...and Immediately I saw a very tight friendship there.........Kenny telling me how great Dom was,  eventually while running into Dom at some car show, he would divolge the same towards Kenny.....That was the effect that Kenny had on people........You took him at face value...and when he spoke you listened because you felt what he was saying was important, and most of all correct for these cars we so much love.    We travelled to many places, looking for that elusive Shelby.....and his knowledge kept me from buying something I would of regretted buying.  I remember the conversations with him,  his plans for the family,  and what he wanted most to do for them.  Some of you may know what I mean.  His close friendship with Bob Gaines, Vince and others only solidified our relationship.  He spoke to me about Rick Kopec, and others who give their all for the sake of this club.  Yes, he was tenatious, yes he spoke out loud to let you know what was right and what was wrong, and when he knew he was right nothing could stop him. Most of all he believed in fairness...for all.  Last night I got a rude awakening in a 30 sec phone call......today it was confirmed..Kenny no longer with us.....I am still in a stupor... I will miss his calls, and looking forward to seeing him at SAAC or local shows.  He now knows of the respect I have for him, but mostly admiration for the man he was.     You will be greatly missed Kenny.....God bless you my friend.

Gino Lucci

steele138
skeptic since 1974

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 06:22:19 PM »

Thoughts and prayers to his family, God Speed Kenny!

Scott

" I hate to advocate the use of drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone;but its always worked for me"
Hunter S Thompson
bosstachamp

Email
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 06:31:59 PM »

It was a pleasure to have judged with Kenny and to have learned from him. Our condolences to his family.

J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 06:32:31 PM »

Almost at a loss for words in the acceptance that Kenny is gone. He was a good friend and I am a better man for knowing him.

My families thoughts and prayers go out to his in the time of sorrow.

Jeff Speegle
Enthusiast, Judge, Detail Collector, ConcoursMustang.com Mentor
Road Reptile

mustang_isme@live.com
Email
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 07:05:22 PM »

What sad news.Deepest sympathy to the family...life is short and this proves it.Still can picture Kenny working a show as he always did---wont be the same without him.
    Rest in peace
         Anthony

KR500

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 07:09:25 PM »

Our prayers go out to Kenny's family. God speed. We will miss you.

Rodney

Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Concours Judge, SAAC Rep,OH
Rodster-500

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 07:56:59 PM »

It's a sad day, losing a long time member of the SAAC family.  My heartfelt sympathy to family and friends.

RIP

There is a fine line between genius and insanity
Bill Collins

5006 - Again being abused, just like in the 1970's

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 08:12:24 PM »

I am stunned. Kenny was a good friend of many years. We would see each other every February at the Atlantic City Classic Car event, and I could count on him being at the SAAC conventions. We have suffered a great loss, albeit not approaching that of his family. Queens, NY will not be the same!

Farewell, my friend. May your unexpected absence from us cause everyone to value and acknowledge the friends and relationships that we so frequently take for granted.

Owner of 5S006 since 1971, CSX2188 1979-2016, 401365 since 2006
ed meyer

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »

Kenny will be greatly missed. He was a real serious car guy who donated alot of his time at SAAC and doing research. Its not easy sometimes judging cars out in the heat and you cant make everybody happy. May he rest in peace.   Ed

SFM5S000

California Native

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 09:37:33 PM »

I am shocked, no stunned to be reading this. I am so so sad for his family and close friends. I had the opportunity to meet Kenny at SAAC 35, along with Dan, Dominic and Dianna and the rest of the event crew. His passing is a huge loss. Rest in peace Kenny Beers.
Sincerely,
Earl J Castillo

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:40:10 PM by SFM5S000 » Logged

2015 VP NorCal Region SAAC
2013/14 Member at Large Norcal Region SAAC
2012 VP NorCal Region SAAC
Rodney T
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 06:10:25 AM »

Kenny - we already miss you. 

I've only bumped into Kenny a couple of times in my life, but always when he was judging my car and very likely at one of the conventions.  Kenny noticed that I had wheel locks on my GT 350....all he commented was "what, are you from New Jersy?"   See you upstairs Kenny

jim mac

Email
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 07:33:58 AM »

I have also bumped into Kenny a few times at past SAAC conventions and sought his help on some of the finer points of 67 Shelbys in the past.  I did not know him well, but my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.  
Jim

"If things seem under control, you're just not going fast enough."  - Mario Andretti
STRATOS

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 08:39:28 AM »

R.I.P. Kenny Beers . My thoughts and prayers go out to the Beers family as well as the SAAC family.
I did not know Kenny or the details surrounding his death .It is obvious that he will be greatly missed.
I had a heart attack when I was 50 yrs old. I was in relatively good shape .NO FAMILY HISTORY .NO CHLORESTORAL .NO WARNING SIGNS .
Please consider going  to your Doctor and get yourself a physical and complete checkup.
                    Jay

mongo
SAAC Registrar

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 02:54:22 PM »

Mongo just got back from Long Island paying my respects to Kenny Beers! Howard, Bob Gaines, Dominic & Deb, Mike C, Gino, and many more SAAC and MCA people.  Probably 200 people showed up during the day, bringing photos, memories and telling stories about Kenny.  Mongo sad and will miss you Kenny!  This BUD is for you man!

Sixx7shelby

Email
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 06:25:01 PM »

RIP Kenny. A great guy who will be truly missed!!!! Thanks for all the very informative chats over the years and condolences to his family....... Sad

67 GT350 #1482
69 SCJ Eliminator, 86 SVO, 97 Cobra
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!