News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What’s the best place to buy replacement parts?

Started by bullitt1939, April 02, 2021, 07:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullitt1939

What's the best place to buy replacement parts for my 67 Shelby GT500? I need the correct heater core and a new hose clamp. I was shipped the wrong heater core so need to get the right one so I can get my girl running again!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: bullitt1939 on April 02, 2021, 07:38:17 PM
What's the best place to buy replacement parts for my 67 Shelby GT500? I need the correct heater core and a new hose clamp. I wax shipped the wrong heater core so need to get the righgg to one so I can get my girl running again!
There is no one place to buy everything for your 67 GT500. NPD (National parts Depot) or Virginia Classic Mustang are a couple of the go to places for items that are used on regular Mustang also. Branda has reproduction Shelby unique parts . Shelby Parts and Restoration has more of the hard to find parts and they also provide rebuild services. Mansfield Mustang specializes in big block specific parts for 67-70.Your heater core and clamp should be able to be had from the ether of the first two on the list. A word of caution ,stay away from CJ pony parts. There are more good names to do business with out there . These are just ones that stand out in my mind.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67 GT350

I have had very bad things happen when I use CJ pony. Cheap parts come at a high cost.
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 67 GT350 on April 02, 2021, 11:44:22 PM
I have had very bad things happen when I use CJ pony. Cheap parts come at a high cost.
Facebook has been a good source on Mustang groups on who to use and CJ has a LOT of complaints. I use NPD because they are local and never any problems(easy to see before I buy or return) but have also used Branda and Shelby parts and resto. I have used Ky Mustang for My Mach1 for a Ford tooling dash pad($$$$ cheaper with free ship than NPD) and also got some other pieces. I have also dealt with Jack at Dead Nuts on, Scott Fuller, Mansfield Mustang  and also C Brown has some great parts. Depends on your needs. Marcus Anghel also. Pete(the coral snake)for some 68-70 Specific parts including wiring. This early in the morning  I'm sure I'm missing a few more. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

whiteykr

I highly recommend Virginia Classic Mustang with Brant. Used them for over 25 yrs. Also NPD. If you need specific Shelby parts then you have Branda and the others that Bob and Gary mentioned.

bullitt1939

Ok thanks just wanted ideas and opinions. Right now I am in need of a heater core, hose clamp, and a visor sticker. I was going to go with an aluminum heater core, but it does fit or line up so need to order original style brass one. I just want a good quality one so I don't have to change it anytime soon.

Virginia Mustang or All Classic Mustang Parts or Tony Branda

chris NOS

Talk to Brant in Virginia Classic Mustang , he will be able to tell you witch ones are quality parts or not !  ;)

whiteykr

Ok,here is what you need.ph # for Virginia Classic Mustang 540 896-2695
Heater core non A/C IN-8304 part #. $47.95
My catalog is a few yrs. old so $ might be a little higher.
Hope this helps
Brad

64cobra

I might have a ford one still in the box.  Send me an email.

Darren

Shelby Parts & Restoration
info@shelbyparts.com

Chad

Virginia Mustangs, Brant knows his Shelbys and Mustangs!

69mach351w

Quote from: chris NOS on April 03, 2021, 09:11:04 AM
Talk to Brant in Virginia Classic Mustang , he will be able to tell you witch ones are quality parts or not !  ;)
+1 on Brant with VCM ;)

bullitt1939

I called and ordered from Brant at Virginia Classic Mustang today. Hopefully everything comes in soon and is a perfect fit. Thanks for all the help.

whiteykr

With Virginia Classic Mustang you will have your parts by the end of the week. And I have never had to return anything in yrs. of buying. A+ to Brant,Robert and Michelle.

I've been using VM/Brant since 1986....highly recommend.  NPD for little things that I need quickly.