News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Pitted Pot Metal - HELP?!

Started by stephen_becker, March 22, 2021, 02:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephen_becker

I used to use MR G's Mustang in Texas (I believe) decades ago to restore pot-metal pieces that are pitted - What companies do people now send in pitted or broken pot-metal parts and pieces to be re-done?

Thank you!

Please share if you find a source.

I didn't think anyone did it anymore. A least not in the USA.

KR Convertible

I sent a few pieces to Paul's Chrome a couple of years ago.  You could check with them.  Nice job, but $$$$

KR Convertible

stephen_becker

What about anybody or company that does the chroming onto plastic trim?

OldGuy

Quote from: stephen_becker on March 22, 2021, 02:54:22 PM
I used to use MR G's Mustang in Texas (I believe) decades ago to restore pot-metal pieces that are pitted - What companies do people now send in pitted or broken pot-metal parts and pieces to be re-done?

Thank you!

Sherm's Plating, Sacramento, Ca.

CSX 4133

Advanced Plating in Nashville, high quality concours level.

https://www.advancedplating.com/site/

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

for Plastic, I have used GCAR in Washington for nearly 20 years https://gcartrim.com/ . Incredible work and very fair prices.

Jbarela

I just got back my 65 vent window frames that I sent to Smittys chrome plating. They specialize in Pot Metal. Incredible customer service, I highly recommend them. They came back beautiful!! It was $140 for each one to get done but well worth it. Now to re assemble them. Ask for Kevin, tell him Jimmy sent you.

shelbymann1970

I see we have a services offered here but why not have a recommended services section or add it to the services offered? Therefore anyone can search it for services they need done. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Jbarela

That's a great Idea! I am sure they will all be excellent referrals as our standards are pretty high.