News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 Trunk Space - Early Flat Panel Taillights

Started by rmarble57, March 05, 2021, 04:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmarble57

Most everyone knows the story of Shelby having trouble fitting the E70-15 tires in the trunk of the earlier 1967 Shelby cars with the inset taillights.
In the interest of having a "real" spare, I purchased one of the reproduction Speedway 350 tires and had it mounted up on the KH Magstar.
Even with 10 lbs of air in the tire, I still can't get it to wedge in.
The tire I took out was a "Bald" original Speedway 350 and it actually went in and out.

Wondering if anyone else has attempted this maneuver?  I hate to take more out in fear of it coming off the bead.

Thanks in advance.

rmarble57

roddster

Yes, an original Speedway is fine to drop in.  A repop Speedway; you'll need to let some air out to get it in.

oldcanuck

I had the same problem..... so I just let all the air out of the spare, and it slid in just fine. Grabbed the air hose and refilled to 32 psi. Problem solved...... no wait .....?

Actually what I did was order a matching BFG in a much skinnier size with the same OD as the runners..... what the heck, its a spare right.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN