News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Newly purchased GT350 flawless 150 miles. Now sputters out every few miles.

Started by Tinface, March 15, 2018, 06:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC TRACKRAT

While we're at it, don't forget to keep your tank topped up with ETHANOL-Free premium fuel.  The less air in a tank, the less room for moisture which condensates and then settles to the bottom of the tank.
5S071, 6S1467

Quote from: zray on April 07, 2018, 07:34:31 PM

NPD is selling tanks that aren't galvanized, but they're not bare steel either. They have tanks (not this one) they are calling concours, don't know what that means to them.

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/tank_assy_fuel_repro-106633-1.html

"......Mustang TANK ASSY, FUEL, REPRO, 16 GALLON, W/O DRAIN PLUG, INCL LOCK RING AND SEAL, Made in Canada from rust resistant Ni-terne coated steel, Spectra Premium Industries fuel tanks are made in Canada from U.S. Steels Ni-Terne material, The annealed cold-rolled steel sheet is first processed to apply a thin flash coating of electrodeposited nickel and then its given a hot-dip tin alloy coating, The nickel base coat gives Ni-Terne steel an extra measure of corrosion resistance compared to U.S. Steels regular Terne steel sheet and also compared to traditional galvanizing, which isn't readily available anymore, The Ni-Terne coating protects both interior and exterior surfaces of the fuel tank from surface corrosion, These tanks are precision engineered and tooled to OE specs and all models are validated for fit, form and function before they are released into the market, Manufactured under ISO 9001/ TS 16949 quality system, 100% tested, Transit tested packaging to protect the part and the finish so you receive a great looking part! Three year manufacturer warranty, For use with gasoline containing up to 20% Ethanol (E20), C5ZZ-9002-A, C5ZZ-9002-B, C5ZZ-9002-C, C5ZZ-9002-D....."

Z

Aren't there at least 2 capacities for the 65-'73 model run? I thought there was a 19 Gallon tank too?

KR Convertible

The OE tanks were 16 gallons.  They make replacement tanks, that have a raised top that hold more (22 gallons I think).  They require
a shorter fill tube.  If you're not worried about originality, you could go that way or even order a stainless tank.  I have one in my
current project. It's much more shiny than the original, but will never rust.

gt350t

I had a similar problem and it ended up being the Ignition Condenser.