Author Topic: wire harness for oil light question  (Read 1830 times)

DRGT350

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
wire harness for oil light question
« on: February 26, 2021, 05:31:48 PM »
I replaced the under hood harness on my 65 - obviously the oil light is no longer hooked up as the oil pressure gage line takes it's place. And I don't have a picture from prior to taking everything apart...

What was done at SA with this now "extra" wire when they installed the oil pressure line?

thanks in advance for your help !

Dave

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: wire harness for oil light question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 05:37:21 PM »
I replaced the under hood harness on my 65 - obviously the oil light is no longer hooked up as the oil pressure gage line takes it's place. And I don't have a picture from prior to taking everything apart...

What was done at SA with this now "extra" wire when they installed the oil pressure line?

thanks in advance for your help !

Dave
Typically sniped it off where it exits the wrap of the engine gauge feed harness.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

mygt350

• Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 05:43:10 PM »
Thought the terminal was snipped and wire folded back and taped up around the transition from vertical to horizontal at front top of engine?
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 05:53:34 PM »
Thought the terminal was snipped and wire folded back and taped up around the transition from vertical to horizontal at front top of engine?
Maybe more then one way. Just what I have seen. The simple snip was also what was done in 67 when a mechanical gauge was substituted. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby