News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1966 GT350 lower shift boot?

Started by SFcarbuff, February 20, 2021, 07:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFcarbuff

Would a 66 built towards the end of March of 66 have a lower shift boot?  (4 speed).  I read they started using them Mid February, but not sure.  Thanks

s2ms

Still have what I believe is the original on 6S1757. Very late March 66 scheduled build.
Dave - 6S1757

Jbarela

SFcarbuff

Thanks for the info.  Dave I am real close to your car.  Lower boot here we come.

6s1640

Quote from: SFcarbuff on February 21, 2021, 12:36:15 AM
Thanks for the info.  Dave I am real close to your car.  Lower boot here we come.

Hi SFcarbuff,

Be advised, this will not be a simple job.  To make life easier, you will want to remove at least one seat, if not both, to raise carpet up to gain access to shifter opening.  The lower boot feeds through the opening in the hump and attaches on the top side with the upper boot capturing.  This cannot be done from below alone.  It is an under car process as well as an interior access.  I have been there, so be advised.  If you know what you are getting into, you will still need some good luck.

Best of luck

Cory

Coralsnake

I recently had to do this job and I pulled the transmission out.

SFcarbuff

Thanks Cory and Coralsnake for the tips. Good news is the trans is out and I have not installed the carpet yet.

Coralsnake

You will have a much easier time.

I originally installed the boot backwards and had to do it twice, it made the job a lot easier!

SFcarbuff