The Official SAAC Forum
November 20, 2014, 07:05:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
SA Museum Raffle
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many 1968 Shelby Mustangs were built at the Dallas Plant  (Read 1886 times)
mongo
SAAC Registrar

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 05:40:00 AM »

Mongo checked with Vincent and vinman says dual vin 8TXXXXXXXX Metuchen assembly plant second vin 8DXXXXXXX means "domestic build" if it was 8X?Huh?Huh?? it would mean "export build".

mrmustang
SAAC Ad-Master
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 05:47:04 AM »

DSO  Shelby 8D 2501

Is that all the numbers under the DSO portion of the drivers door dataplate? I'll elaborate more once you respond. Also, what does the rest of the drivers door dataplate read?

The only reason I am asking is the Shelby American, INC. fender apron plate that I have shows (2) serial numbers.  One starts with 8T02JXXXXXX & the other VIN starts with 8D200XXXXXXXX.  

Chuck

Chuck,

Are you looking at a supposed GT350, GT500 or, GT500KR? Also, when you state there are two VIN's stamped into the "Shelby American INC" fender apron plate, Can you post a picture of it here so we can see if you are misinterpreting the stamping(s)

Bill S.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:48:35 AM by mrmustang » Logged

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
69 GT500 #1584 Grabber Orange W/White interior
chuckty101

Email
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 06:52:10 AM »

Is that all the numbers under the DSO portion of the drivers door dataplate? I'll elaborate more once you respond. Also, what does the rest of the drivers door dataplate read?

The only reason I am asking is the Shelby American, INC. fender apron plate that I have shows (2) serial numbers.  One starts with 8T02JXXXXXX & the other VIN starts with 8D200XXXXXXXX. 

Are you looking at a supposed GT350, GT500 or, GT500KR? Also, when you state there are two VIN's stamped into the "Shelby American INC" fender apron plate, Can you post a picture of it here so we can see if you are misinterpreting the stamping(s)

Answer on door tag: (J CODE IN THE VIN =302CID GT350)

63B  FDS  6A   8T02JXXXXXX  M  WHITE  PB  PS  IT  FD  4  SPD
SHELBY 8D 2501

I was at a car show this past Weekend & all (3) 1968 Shelby's Mustangs did not have a dual Vin numbers on there Shelby American Inc. apron tag.  That is why I was asking the question.

Chuck

Coralsnake
The other evil twin

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 08:02:35 AM »

What you have is a car that is commonly called a "dual serial number" car. Is it number Shelby # 7 ?

Thank goodness you werent asking about Eleanors. You dont want to be in a trivia contest with Mongo. He is correct again, the "D" you found is for Domestic order.

The car you have has two serial numbers on the Shelby plate. The theory is explained here:

http://www.thecoralsnake.com/dualserial.htm

Have a look around, you might find the website interesting. www.thecoralsnake.com

Your car was ordered in the very first batch. Not built first, but ordered first.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:06:32 AM by Coralsnake » Logged

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer
chuckty101

Email
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 10:47:01 AM »

Very correct answers.  except for the #7.

Thanks for all the information Coralsnake.

Chuck

PS:  Thanks for everyone replies, but Who's the Newbie now? (LOL) (Just kidding)

GT350Shelb

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 04:07:10 PM »

I will guess this is car #89

Coralsnake
The other evil twin

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 07:02:50 PM »

Come on Chuck, you can tell us the number. My second guess it's # 25. (#89 is a terrible guess)

Kiss

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:14:33 PM by Coralsnake » Logged

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer
GT350Shelb

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Email
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 07:23:47 PM »

Come on Chuck, you can tell us the number. My second guess it's # 25. (#89 is a terrible guess)

Kiss

Well if Jenkinstown ,pa in in Dallas  Tx
 you could pick car number 25........  but according to google maps its not .

so i will stick to the  #89

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!