News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

semi gloss paint

Started by Jack4159, January 26, 2021, 01:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack4159

For those parts on a 68 GT500KR that are pained semi-gloss back, is any type/brand of semi gloss automotive paint OK? This is for brackets, axle housing etc.
Thanks in  advance.

J_Speegle

Yes is the short answer.

If your going for a high quality restoration consider that most of the parts you will be painting will have been painted with different brands and types of semi-gloss black paint at different locations around the country by different providers so they would not look as if they painted all with the same paint, at the same time.

Because of that many choose to use multiple brands and levels of semi-gloss to replicate the original look
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

My advice... dont over think this
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shelbymann1970

Quote from: J_Speegle on January 26, 2021, 01:54:29 AM
Yes is the short answer.

If your going for a high quality restoration consider that most of the parts you will be painting will have been painted with different brands and types of semi-gloss black paint at different locations around the country by different providers so they would not look as if they painted all with the same paint, at the same time.

Because of that many choose to use multiple brands and levels of semi-gloss to replicate the original look
Do you know if the old Krylon 1613 in the industrial version now is still a good source-sheen wise-for painting various parts? For a long time I just bought the 1613 at Kmart. Then I found out I didn't like the 1613 about 2007 and found out I needed the industrial version. Now the only Krylon out there locally is the semi gloss black in the rust tough cans. I like that look and have used it on my 69 SCJ engine parts/bay. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Jack4159

Thanks very much gents, much appreciated.