The Official SAAC Forum
November 21, 2017, 08:28:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleeping Beauty wakes up  (Read 91745 times)
427heaven

« Reply #420 on: July 22, 2017, 09:31:33 PM »

Stick- I want to thank you for your interest in my well being. I am very focused on things and The Super Snake speed is one of them. No I am not Suicidal and try to be safe when ever possible. Do I ever think about the WHAT IFS yes I do, and with the loss of my friend KIWI on this site the reality is,bad things sometimes happen. So if it is myself or a hired driver I am not looking for notoriety I am looking for the speed only. When I drive I get up on the wheel so to speak as to have focus and control elbows out and going for it. The old 427 is capable of 7000 rpm that doesn't mean I will keep it there for long periods, it might make power in the 5800- 6500 rpm range is what it feels like but capable of more. The engine is running a large capacity AVIAD pan just like back in the day. A professional engine builder is who built this for me and is quite capable as he builds NASCAR engines for all the different divisions. If I hurt this engine I am sure I would be unhappy but I would build it again or get another one and try again Cheesy

stickshift

« Reply #421 on: July 23, 2017, 04:35:48 AM »

Are you going to use the whitewall tires too? That's part of the mystique. Those should be good for a couple of miles per hour at that speed? No raised letters to cause air friction.

I think Perogie beat that SS timed speed anyway that day at Pocono? I'll have to ask Scudder if he remembers? Hey Ned?

I put my left elbow against the door to steady the steering. I can't wear a helmet. I get claustrophobic. I just wear rap around sun glasses.

I think the SS header tube primaries were too small. It could have gone faster with bigger tubes.

FEW! I get all excited! I'm pullin' for ya'! Go get 'em!  Grin

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 05:38:20 AM by stickshift » Logged
Rodster-500

« Reply #422 on: July 23, 2017, 08:06:21 PM »

2017 has been the year to get some of my projects on the road again. Earlier this year 1189 was running again after 46 years, my black 68 ran this week after 35 years, this will be my Drag car because that was what they did with it from its very beginning. Both engines were built similar power wise but very different in how I got there power wise. The 67 is pure 427 Medium Rise power- The 68 is 428 Cobra Jet lower end with a 427 top end with a nasty roller cam set up. If you look back to page 14 in this thread you can see what it looks like from back awhile. Not too good with posting pics but I will ask for assistance with posting for me in the near future! PeelOut

Wow, what a year!  and it's not over yet.  Grin

Chug a Lug

There is a fine line between genius and insanity
427heaven

« Reply #423 on: July 26, 2017, 06:09:14 AM »

It has been quite a year! Another one I would like to get running is My 1929 roadster pickup- It has the baddest 4 banger in the land from almost 90 years ago built with a high compression WINFIELD head, Stromberg 97 carb, Kong ignition,ported and relieved,Reds header, 1939 trans with Lincoln Zepher gears. Built by Wes Cooper,Kong Jackson, Fum Oka. These three men probably have -had, they are all gone, more records on the dry lake beds and salt flats in the good old days than anyone. Car has been tucked away for 60 years not running and Tom Medleys World record setting 28 coupe it was on the cover of HOT ROD magazine in 1957 as the fastest engines of our time. Set a record at Muroc dry lake bed with a flat head v8 it still sits in the engine bay. It blew off the front of the soft top- its a deluxe coupe which is held in place with furniture finishing nails, has sat ever since. This is a good year and plan on bringing back some of these memories for a lot of the older crowd to see and talk about! Grin

car 26-JD

« Reply #424 on: July 26, 2017, 06:17:42 AM »

Sounds like a candidate for the ROG events, will try and find a link.

Link and images added:
http://theraceofgentlemen.com/

(My dad had a '29 Ford roadster pickup twin-side mounts but all stock.)

* FlagGirlROG.jpg (53.37 KB, 800x533 - viewed 64 times.)

* ROG21.jpg (65.14 KB, 800x533 - viewed 56 times.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 11:21:46 AM by car 26-JD » Logged
TOBKOB
SAAC Member

« Reply #425 on: July 26, 2017, 06:22:48 AM »

It has been quite a year! Another one I would like to get running is My 1929 roadster pickup- It has the baddest 4 banger in the land from almost 90 years ago built with a high compression WINFIELD head, Stromberg 97 carb, Kong ignition,ported and relieved,Reds header, 1939 trans with Lincoln Zepher gears.
I have 4 Model A's two of them '30 coupe projects and my son wants to build one as a hot rod with a hopped up 4 banger. I told him ok. Just glad he is taking an interest in old cars in addition to his horses and buggies and buckboards. Grin

TOB

Rodster-500

« Reply #426 on: July 27, 2017, 06:42:27 PM »

It has been quite a year! Another one I would like to get running is My 1929 roadster pickup- It has the baddest 4 banger in the land from almost 90 years ago built with a high compression WINFIELD head, Stromberg 97 carb, Kong ignition,ported and relieved,Reds header, 1939 trans with Lincoln Zepher gears. Built by Wes Cooper,Kong Jackson, Fum Oka. These three men probably have -had, they are all gone, more records on the dry lake beds and salt flats in the good old days than anyone. Car has been tucked away for 60 years not running and Tom Medleys World record setting 28 coupe it was on the cover of HOT ROD magazine in 1957 as the fastest engines of our time. Set a record at Muroc dry lake bed with a flat head v8 it still sits in the engine bay. It blew off the front of the soft top- its a deluxe coupe which is held in place with furniture finishing nails, has sat ever since. This is a good year and plan on bringing back some of these memories for a lot of the older crowd to see and talk about! Grin

Man you have some cool stuff!  Chug a Lug  I'll grab a case of beer and be right over, I'm not the older crowd is that OK?  Grin   

I have 4 Model A's two of them '30 coupe projects and my son wants to build one as a hot rod with a hopped up 4 banger. I told him ok. Just glad he is taking an interest in old cars in addition to his horses and buggies and buckboards. Grin

TOB

You guys should share some pics!  Camera

There is a fine line between genius and insanity
427heaven

« Reply #427 on: July 28, 2017, 07:11:57 AM »

Man you have some cool stuff!  Chug a Lug  I'll grab a case of beer and be right over, I'm not the older crowd is that OK?  Grin   

You guys should share some pics!  Camera
Rod-your welcome to lend a hand anytime , I prefer IPA beers that way we could get the party going much quicker Cheesy I'm not the older crowd either most of these guys could be my fathers age. I still love all types of cars, I will start a new thread about OTHER CARS WE LOVE. Pictures to follow. Chug a Lug

TOBKOB
SAAC Member

« Reply #428 on: July 28, 2017, 06:35:46 PM »

Rod-your welcome to lend a hand anytime , I prefer IPA beers that way we could get the party going much quicker Cheesy I'm not the older crowd either most of these guys could be my fathers age. I still love all types of cars, I will start a new thread about OTHER CARS WE LOVE. Pictures to follow. Chug a Lug
  I started to do that twice but couldn't get pictures posted and didn't have time to much time to spend. When you start the thread I'll post some pictures as soon as I get back in town.

TOB

427heaven

« Reply #429 on: September 06, 2017, 08:15:56 AM »

Been tinkering around with 1189 and trying to figure out what direction I want the interior to go in, that seems to be the only thing left to fully enjoy it and then see if it will make the top speed runs I have planned for it. If anyone cares, they can look at page 14 of this thread and see my 68 that now runs drives stops on its own power after 35 years its been a long journey for this one as well! It has a similar engine combination as 1189 but it is a 427- 428 cobra jet highbred making 520 HP. This is my Drag Car as this is the way they used this car from the beginning, should run 11 ooohs at about 125mph in street -strip trim, time will tell. PeelOut

427heaven

« Reply #430 on: November 17, 2017, 08:04:39 PM »

Thought I would ask again if ANYONE might have a picture or info on the BLUE CHEER written on the side of my car. To jog some old memory banks the car ran around on the east coast. Jersey,New York,Connecticut mostly,have some old drag race stickers stating class champ etc. for those areas. Anyone? Circa 1967 till 1971 when it was taken off the road from a mishap-

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!