News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

66 Radio delete

Started by plowhorse, January 14, 2021, 05:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plowhorse

This may be a silly question, but would a radio delete car still have come with a speaker? I'm guessing not.
Thanks

Bob Gaines

Quote from: plowhorse on January 14, 2021, 05:04:14 PM
This may be a silly question, but would a radio delete car still have come with a speaker? I'm guessing not.
Thanks
You are guessing correctly.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

CharlesTurner

A radio wasn't a delete item, it was an option.  If the radio box on the order sheet wasn't checked, no radio.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

6s1640

Hi Charles,

Does that make the default no radio?

Would this be the opposite of the heater delete.  I would assume the heater was the default and the heater removal was an option?

Thanks

Cory

CharlesTurner

Quote from: 6s1640 on January 14, 2021, 09:08:36 PM
Hi Charles,

Does that make the default no radio?

Would this be the opposite of the heater delete.  I would assume the heater was the default and the heater removal was an option?

Thanks

Cory

Right, the default is no radio.  A heater is a standard item, so that's why it would be considered a 'delete' item, which usually gave a credit.  In '65, seat belts were a delete item.  Otherwise the cars came with front belts.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

gt350hr

The radios ( SAI cars) were most often added at HP motors and the reason Howard has so many invoices for that operation.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.