News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

'66-'67 small block Air Cleaner Lid

Started by BGlover67, January 26, 2020, 10:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Quote from: Harris Speedster on December 20, 2020, 08:57:14 PM
Quote from: lawrence67 on January 27, 2020, 10:46:33 PM
So is the blue tape middle one the original lid?  Not mentioned in the description.  Sharper and crisper bends the clue?
PL

I would like to ask the same question, blue tape pic?

So 14 OZ is a repop, and give or take, 24-28 OZ is real, is that correct?

Hi guys,

Yes, the blue tape is an original HiPo chrome lid and my photograph.  I thought the black marker line would really help define the contours.

The upper image with the whitish tape is also mine to help show the differences.  (At least I am pretty sure its mine.)    Mr. Kingchief may have added the bottom image.

I added a 2.0 version, attached, to go with new 2.0 forum.  The contour at "2" is really  a crisp edge that defines an original well to me.  That is the first place I look to determine original or repop.

On the weight, I just weighed an original and repop and they both came in pretty close 26 oz.  So using weight is not a good identifier, unless of course you wiegh a lid and it is 14 oz, then it is a repop.  The other thing, the repop's do not survive as well as an original as far as rusting.  The repop's rust easier.  You can see in the below image.  IIRC, the repop below was not the cheap one.  So it is a little disappointing that is is rusting.

Glad to help.

Cory

Harris Speedster

Thank you Cory.
Merry Christmas too you and yours
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

sg66

Quote from: roddster on January 27, 2020, 10:07:31 AM
Dimples where the wing nut can catch too.
Some pics and measurements from underneath for future reference