The Official SAAC Forum
October 20, 2014, 10:19:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oct 14-16 2011 Fall NorthEast Regional Meet  (Read 7700 times)
Cobrask8
SAAC Nat'l Coordinator of Regions

Email
« on: June 16, 2011, 06:28:56 PM »

SAAC-36 is successfully past us, and it's now time to look forwards to one of the larger regional events in the North East coming up this year...

Most of the details are set, though we are still working on some of the Saturday details.

Friday night is the social meet & greet and available tables for anyone who wishes.

Saturday morning will be a big breakfast and then a roughly 60 mile run with stops at Bruce Larson's Barn & Vintage Funny Car collection, a bathroom stop, and ending at Bill Collin's shop for lunch. As you drive, you can participate in a simple road rally, marking your mileage and answering questions, or just enjoy the ride. there will be awards (good and funny) at dinner that eve. Working on some speakers to keep us entertained as well

Sunday is the big Car show at the AACA museum.

More details are being set, but we are hoping again for a great weekend of fun like last year, and hope all will return plus many new faces. Everyone who helped last year did a great job, and we hope to continue to keep the event fun, relaxing, and interesting. Besides, if you have the craving, all the chocolate you can ever imagine is very close by......

For all entry forms and information, please visit the club website:

http://www.lehighvalleypasaac.com/2011Convention/NEregionalmeet2011.htm

For Booking rooms, here is a direct link to the host hotel, same as last year:

http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/2011Shelby

Looking forwards to seeing everyone again!

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 06:33:47 PM by Cobrask8 » Logged

Official Home of CHEPSK8 RACING TEAM

Cobrask8

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 02:03:49 PM »

Just an update, the Larson Barn tour is a lock, but Bruce has declined to speak about his racing days. But, we are working on another interesting speaker from the crazy Shelby days that no one has heard talk before!

Registrations are starting to come in, add yours to the list!

mark p

car crazy from birth

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 06:39:32 PM »

Just an update, the Larson Barn tour is a lock, but Bruce has declined to speak about his racing days.

... maybe Bruce doesn't want to be embellishing his success with those USA-1 "Bowtie" machines in front of a bunch of "Blue Oval" fanatics?? Roll Eyes

66 Tiger 'MK 1A'
65 Thunderbird Special Landau 'MBRGLO'
Cobrask8

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 05:08:41 PM »

From what I am told, and my take when I met him, he's not comfortable speaking in front of large groups. Just a humble guy.

Bill Collins

5006 - Again being abused, just like in the 1970's

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 09:49:58 AM »

From what I am told, and my take when I met him, he's not comfortable speaking in front of large groups. Just a humble guy.
+1 to Dan's response

I am our liason with Bruce for this event; I have known him for many years. He's a very approachable fellow, quite conversant both individually and among a group. He has many good stories; I hear some of them during our local weekly breakfast gatherings of up to 20 or so car guys. He is usually there and has even nicknamed it the ROMEO group - Retired Old Men Eating Out.Hysterical

But, he loathes standing up behind a podium and addressing a large assembly. It has nothing to do with brand affiliation - Bruce drove a Cobra to national drag racing prominence in the '60's and later bought the car he drove and kept it for many years.

So come to the NE Regional and sign up for the driving tour, and when we stop at his place for a looksee I am sure he will be very happy to speak to anyone who'd like to talk to him!

Owner of 5S006 since 1971, CSX2188 since 1979, 401365 since 2006
mark p

car crazy from birth

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »

We had a great time last year at the Regional and are looking forward to this event (thought that the "roll eyes"  would explain the "bowtie" comment/joke attempt  Head knock).
I have spoken to Bruce at the [AACA] Hershey fall show a couple of times... as you guys said, he was very personable - even with a "passing onlooker" (me). I miss seeing (and hearing) that Dragon Snake! I've heard that his fall event there at the Barn is great, too.

66 Tiger 'MK 1A'
65 Thunderbird Special Landau 'MBRGLO'
SAcobra427

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 03:10:24 PM »

Hey Dan, Thanks for the link to the reservations @ the hotel,  We're in !!    Party on

1969 Mach 1 "Q" 4 spd
2005 F350 diesel SB DRW
2006 Ford GT
1109RWHP

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 07:28:56 PM »

I have a question about the road tour. I was wondering if you can register for just the tour on Saturday without the breakfast and the Sunday car show?  And must you be pre-registered for the tour?

KarlCSX2498

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 12:08:58 PM »

Hello,    Can we use paypal for this event?     thanks, karl

Cobrask8

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 01:15:09 PM »

Karl,

We're not set up for paypal or credit cards, so payment should be mailed in with the entry form.

We tried just a tour entry last year, which was roughly half the cost of a full entry, but it proved to be alot of extra work for the one or two that did. Join us, the breakfast is great, and you'll get a mug, directions, and lunch to boot!

KarlCSX2498

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 02:29:08 PM »

OK, thanks for your reply.   I will send the entry with a check in USPS,  thanks, karl 

Cobrask8

Email
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 02:33:57 PM »

Looking forwards to having yo with us!  Chug a Lug

Dan

1109RWHP

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 09:24:21 PM »

What time is breakfast? I don't want to miss my cartoons. Wink

Cobrask8

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 05:20:09 AM »

8:00 Am, lots of hot coffee waiting for you!

Cobrask8

Email
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 12:20:01 PM »

Two days left for the discounted room - ends Oct 29, so book now if you have not yet!  Rip

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!