News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Shoulder harness retracter

Started by lalease, March 28, 2018, 07:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lalease

Does anyone have an idea why my recoil units do not recoil. inertia stop will work, but once extended will not go back. I have not removed yet ,are they repairable?  who is the retractor expert?
1966 GT350H
1968 GT500KR

Chris Thauberger

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

lalease

Thanks
I knew someone would point me the right direction.
1966 GT350H
1968 GT500KR

Supersnakeingrass

P Y T H O N

Turn around time was great!
Reasonable too.

SSIG
1968 Shelby GT 350 Convertible #2651 - Sold to a good home.

Shelby_r_b

AND, at Python, they didn't act as if my exchanging money for their goods and services was doing them a favor.  Some shops who are masters of their craft can leave you feeling like a peasant approaching the royal throne.
Nothing beats a classic!

Coralsnake

From your description, you may have a broken or damaged coil spring

Sxty8KR

Quote from: lalease on March 28, 2018, 07:34:19 PM
Does anyone have an idea why my recoil units do not recoil. inertia stop will work, but once extended will not go back. I have not removed yet ,are they repairable?  who is the retractor expert?

I too had a retractor issue with my drivers side. The retractor would leave the belt sagging about 8 or so inches from the top. I was able to resolve the issue by taking it apart. I found the tension spring was still intact and all I needed to do was wind the plastic housing it was contained in & attached to a couple of times and it was solved. You may want to take a look at yours before sending it off for a repair in case its a similar situation (hopefully).

Steve
Steve
Seattle, Wash.
68 KR  #3777

lalease

Plastic is bad, replacement parts anyone?
1966 GT350H
1968 GT500KR