The Official SAAC Forum
August 30, 2014, 01:14:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shelby/SAAC MkI, MkII, Snakes; General info and literature.  (Read 10850 times)
competitionsvo

Email
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »

Once again, I know the previous owner....Jimmy Engel - went to his house to see the car....absolutely amazing.  He had completely disassembled the car and turned into into a concours show queen.  I wanted so badly to buy the car...he told me 25K would take it home....sadly, I couldnt come up with that kinda cash.  Whoever got this car is incredibly lucky.  Jim did drive the car too...he brought it to the stampede of dearborn back in '04 I believe it was.  I took some pictures....but, they are the old fashioned kind that you had to develop - Ill have to dig them out and scan 'em !

Andy

Andy

Whether you think you can or you cant...you right  - Henry Ford
richstang

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2011, 10:48:49 AM »

Very cool Andy,
You were definately in the center of the SAAC MK world in Michigan. $25K back in '04 sounds like a fair, if not great price.
I have not been able to get to your facebook page, yet, but I'll get there soon. I'd love to see any pictures you have. I'm still looking for a picture of the black with silver striped '93 Snake.

competitionsvo

Email
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 11:32:36 AM »

Im going to dig into my box of pictures next week....studying for my state board exam this week, but after next tuesday I*ll get to digging.  If you happen to come across a picture of the black/silver snake please POST IT !!!! I have been wanting to see that car since '93 !!!  Does Rick know if SAAC photographed the cars for "the file" prior to sale ?

Andy

Andy

Saacman

Email
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2011, 09:08:33 AM »

hey everybody   this is Todd Scranton  owner of that 1992 SAAC xx2 prototype (going on 12yrs now) that u have an article on , u wouldnt  happen to have a copy of that magazine would u to sell ? of all the doc i have on this car thats 1 of the mags i dont have.   i tried to copy  what u posted but the 1st page is blacked out  i was able to copy  the other 2.  just small reference that it is the mag from NOV.'91 Automobile  (not 92) ur pics though at bottom do reference that. always awesome to find more doc  on the cars u own  any help out there would be appreciated.  thanks for everybodies help.  Todd

richstang

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2011, 09:45:16 AM »

Hi Todd,
Unfortunately, I don't have the original magazine in my possesion. If you would like, I can email you the original scanned pages out of that magazine so at the least you have all three pages and a larger size copy. Send me a PM with your email address if interested. I'm sure you have looked but, eBay is probably your best source to find it. If I happen to come across it, I'll give you a shout.
Rich

PS,
I corrected the year noted to '91 and reposted the first page image
 Chug a Lug

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:52:30 AM by richstang » Logged
Saacman

Email
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2011, 10:33:15 AM »

Hey Rich  thanks  i'll see if i can print out first, like i said i was able to print the 2nd and 3rd pages but for some reason the 1st was blaked out  if it doesnt work, i'll send pm
 plus i just finished doing a updated write up on my XX2 for u for the registry   thanks  Todd

Saacman

Email
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2011, 11:05:52 AM »

Hey Rich  u won't beleive but yes i have been on ebay alot  never did find 1   but  just went there  and found a mint 1  wow   my lucky day  for small things  lol    Todd (XX2)

richstang

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2011, 11:32:03 AM »

Hey Rich  u won't beleive but yes i have been on ebay alot  never did find 1   but  just went there  and found a mint 1  wow   my lucky day  for small things  lol    Todd (XX2)

Nice!!!
Good luck winning the auction and getting it in your hands.

competitionsvo

Email
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2011, 03:56:04 PM »

while we are on the topic of magazine articles with SAAC cars....you wouldnt happen to have the April 1994 Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords with the Black w/ white striped MKII do ya?  Ive heard that Tonys car was in that issue, but never saw one - could never find that issue

Andy

Andy

Saacman

Email
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 05:24:53 PM »

Hey Andy only thing right now i can recommend is try ebay i just found today a mag for my car. i had been looking for 

Regards, Todd (XX2 MK1)

richstang

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2011, 08:53:56 PM »

while we are on the topic of magazine articles with SAAC cars....you wouldnt happen to have the April 1994 Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords with the Black w/ white striped MKII do ya?  Ive heard that Tonys car was in that issue, but never saw one - could never find that issue

Andy

That one is high on my list too! I have not tried eBay yet. I've got a call out to a distant friend to see if he might have it. First one to get it please share it here, I will of course.
 Chug a Lug

richstang

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2011, 04:44:34 PM »

I found this ad in the Sept '92 Mustang Monthly.
It's the only time I've seen the MKII ad with the hatch in the foreground and convertible in the background.

* MKII ad Mustang Monthly Sept 92.jpg (172.06 KB, 612x989 - viewed 149 times.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!