Author Topic: Early Ford parts inventory for sale  (Read 1377 times)

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Early Ford parts inventory for sale
« on: December 19, 2020, 08:10:31 AM »

427heaven

• View Profile
Re: Early Ford parts inventory for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 08:47:41 AM »
 Thats the adult candy store right there. The problem with that buy out is the pricing of a lump sum of parts. This type of purchase is hampered with the perils of subjective parts pricing. If he sold and got every last dollar for what the owner felt the parts are worth it might be worth over a million dollars. Problem is many people have these parts hoards and are waiting for the last top dollar to roll in before they sell something. For the person or shop that has plenty of time and or cars to use all this on it is a perfect situation. For a guy to drop 675k and to go to swap meets or do the ebay thing, the returns might not be there. Curious how this works out.

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 09:53:54 AM »
I agree. There are a LOT of old Ford parts in the hands of families that will be coming out of hiding. Lack of swap meets limits sellers to online ( Ebay) or other venues. IF you could sell 40 parts a week at a profit,how long would it take? I have been listing “stuff” on Ebay again after taking a couple years away and am not getting much response. Even some of my best NOS pieces struggle to get near what I think they are worth. Then pay the fees....... :'(
 Far better off listing at cheap prices on forums to give average joe a deal. My family is encouraging me to sell off my stuff so they don’t have to rent a dumpster someday! I wish the seller much luck in selling and hope there is enough interest .
 I have been selling off many other non-auto related pieces as well as advertising pieces and found a local auction house that brings in very good prices. And,best of all,every piece I take there sells! I try to get them to take car parts to sell but ,to them,they are like worn out tires........

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 10:05:50 AM »
That is JD Larson . He has been selling parts for several decades or so . He lived in Fl then moved to ND about 25 years ago for some reason. He is well known in the Ford obsolete parts/restoration community specializing in but not limited to NOS parts.He sells extensively on ebay. It is most likely a advertising strategy but I am sure he would not be apposed to sell out in one lump sum .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 12:11:07 PM »
Thats a lot of stuff, but I would prefer the real deal to buy a shelby only parts collection. I´m working on my own collection of parts, who know how it will be in 40 years.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68