News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

c7af and c9af round style solenoids

Started by cbrown, December 13, 2020, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrown

So, I posted in the for sale topic  that i have these solenoids in stock and ready.  It seams that if anyone replies, the moderator removes replies.  Must be an awesome feeling!!  lol.    So I have made this post  for input.  I have dates that Ed and i have used from original solenoids. If you have any input on dates  please let us know  if we need to make other dates.

chris

Bob Gaines

Quote from: cbrown on December 13, 2020, 06:04:49 PM
So, I posted in the for sale topic  that i have these solenoids in stock and ready.  It seams that if anyone replies, the moderator removes replies.  Must be an awesome feeling!!  lol.    So I have made this post  for input.  I have dates that Ed and i have used from original solenoids. If you have any input on dates  please let us know  if we need to make other dates.

chris
I know you have been working on them for a long time. To add my testimonial, all of the other parts you have reproduced have had a attention to original detail that makes me and my fellow concours judges smile.Athough I haven't held or tested one the solenoids in the pictures look to be at the same advanced detail level your other parts are.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Sixx7shelby

I have 9DB. Original from my SCJ Eliminator, build date 5/17/69 Dearborn.
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

Special Ed

Also need to know if c7af  or c9af  when date coded.  From my research  the c9af started early march 69.

SChatman

What denotes if a car had the round vs the regular style solenoid? My 69 Dearborn, build date 1-9-69 Sports Roof with Auto and A/C had a regular one when I got it but I have no idea if it was originally.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SChatman on February 07, 2021, 01:43:58 PM
What denotes if a car had the round vs the regular style solenoid? My 69 Dearborn, build date 1-9-69 Sports Roof with Auto and A/C had a regular one when I got it but I have no idea if it was originally.
Is it a GT350 or GT500 ?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shlb69

How is the date code decoded and what would be tight on a 300 # gt 350

Bob Gaines

Vintage magazine photos show early production GT350's with regular solenoid. I can't imagine a reason why GT500's going down the same line getting different treatment. Besides that possible small beginning production phase I would expect to see the rest of GT500 with the round style.   

J_Speegle

Quote from: shlb69 on February 08, 2021, 08:20:16 PM
How is the date code decoded .................

Believe it's

For the up right
Found on the bottom
Year/Month/Week

Flat style Found on the mounting bracket ear
Supplier-Plant/ Year/Month/Week

For those that have seen the Decoding Date Code article the information in there will be updated when the newest versions is uploaded to the site.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

whiteykr

Chris and Ed,
Off of my fathers  - Jan built GT 500.  C7af and date 8L c
Hope this helps
Brad

Special Ed

Thanks brad as thats the earliest date we know of.