News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What are the correct original alternator bracket stamping numbers for a 67 GT500

Started by shelbydoug, December 10, 2020, 07:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

I have a set of C8 upper and lower alternator brackets which I would expect to be on a '68 428cj, not a '67 PI?

I also have a C5TE upper and lower brackets set.

Is there a C6 or C7 stamped bracket that would be expected to be on the '67 428 PI engine?

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

J_Speegle

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 10, 2020, 07:21:55 AM
I have a set of C8 upper and lower alternator brackets which I would expect to be on a '68 428cj, not a '67 PI?

Is there a C6 or C7 stamped bracket that would be expected to be on the '67 428 PI engine?
The lower bracket will have a C5TE and the upper adjustable bracket will have a C6AE. The C5AE upper bracket was used on 65 BB and not 67.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 10, 2020, 10:50:53 PM

The lower bracket will have a C5TE and the upper adjustable bracket will have a C6AE. The C5AE upper bracket was used on 65 BB and not 67.

Thank you Mr.Gaines. I wasn't sure because I have the C5TE lower but came across a C7TE lower bracket that looks the same as the C5AE and had never seen one before.

The C5AE uppers are pretty common but the C6AE's not so.

I'll have to ask Randy why Ford changed the numbers on these brackets since they seem identical on the uppers and Ford usually just changes the id's when they make an engineering change to them?

Thanks again for the information. Sorry to ask but these things are somewhat confusing to me and it's difficult to find a completely original 67 GT500 to compare to.

Is it C6AE-A or B and which bolt does it use? Apparently the bolts vary as well?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 11, 2020, 06:34:13 AM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 10, 2020, 10:50:53 PM

Thank you Mr.Gaines. I wasn't sure because I have the C5TE lower but came across a C7TE lower bracket that looks the same as the C5AE and had never seen one before.

The C5AE uppers are pretty common but the C6AE's not so.

I'll have to ask Randy why Ford changed the numbers on these brackets since they seem identical on the uppers and Ford usually just changes the id's when they make an engineering change to them?

Thanks again for the information. Sorry to ask but these things are somewhat confusing to me and it's difficult to find a completely original 67 GT500 to compare to.

Is it C6AE-A or B and which bolt does it use? Apparently the bolts vary as well?
doug the adjusting bolt hardware varies. sometimes it is a castle headed bolt like used on the crank pulley and other times it is a raised outside edge like the themostate or dist hold down. regardless of bolt they both used a thick 1 inch width washer. Send me a C5AE arm that isn't all chewed up and I will send you a C6AE in like condition. I have a 65 427 engine I am dressing out that could benefit from a C5 arm.PM for address if interested.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

I'm not seeing the C5 in my parts bin. It appears I only have a C8 top bracket? I have the C5 lower bracket and a C8 lower bracket.

I have a ZX upper around here somewhere that I could never figure what it was for.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!