News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1969 GT350 Parts

Started by nightmist67, November 19, 2020, 10:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightmist67

I am looking for the following original good used/NOS parts for a 1969 GT350 built in late December 1968:

1.  Original steel/fiberglass tail light panel
2.  Air conditioning compressor
3.  351W thermostat housing vacuum tree fitting
4.  Rear fender mounted antenna kit (round base?)
5.  Steering wheel wrap kit

cbrown

I have had the straps made just need to have them plated. and have the correct hardware ( Clamp , Screws and nuts.)  Hang loose i should have in week or 2.

chris   

nightmist67

Thanks to all.  So far, I have the A/C compressor, antenna, and vacuum tree fitting.

I also need a correct vacuum/pressure gas cap for a car that underwent the vented gas cap recall.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: nightmist67 on November 21, 2020, 11:40:48 AM
Thanks to all.  So far, I have the A/C compressor, antenna, and vacuum tree fitting.

I also need a correct vacuum/pressure gas cap for a car that underwent the vented gas cap recall.
The GT350 were not part of the recall just the GT500. It was not necessary on the GT350. The GT350 used the vented cap with no issues . If it makes a owner feel better is one thing because it is their car and can do whatever they want however understand that The gas cap recall modification done on a GT350 would not be considered historically correct and be deduction in concours for example .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

nightmist67

Thank you for the clarification.  I was under the impression that the car was subject to the fuel vent recall campaign since it was so reported in the Shelby Registry notes regarding the car's maintenance history.