The Official SAAC Forum
April 23, 2014, 07:48:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
SAAC-38 DVD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way to build a read file?  (Read 3021 times)
68blk500c

« on: March 05, 2011, 11:06:03 AM »

As I read postings of interest from various sections and pages, is there a way I can mark those and build a read file for my quick/future reference, without having to find them again mixed in with all of the other postings? 

5S545

Oct 1965 - the new family car!

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 11:24:02 AM »

Each Thread has it's own link address^^^^See up at the top of the page.  Smiley  blah blah blah....:topic=12401

You could make a bookmark or favorites file for all the ones you like.  Or you could send yourself a PM with them copied in it, and that would stay in your message box for future reference.   Don't know of any other way to do it in the forum, but Ron might chime in here with a suggestion.

Deb

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 11:30:02 AM by 5S545 » Logged
Computerworks
Administrator

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 01:21:11 PM »

... is there a way I can mark those and build a read file for my quick/future reference, without having to find them again mixed in with all of the other postings? 

There is no way to create your own personal index within the forum.

Deb suggests a good way... i.e., bookmarking the page of interest...then your "list" is saved within your browser and you can create "topic" folders to sort your bookmark/favorites.

Also, if you look in the upper (and lower) right of each thread, there are two tab buttons that you can also use.

"Send This Topic" will allow you to e-mail (in this case, to yourself) a link to the topic.

"Print" opens the thread to a new browser window, in pure printable form; you then can print the thread for saving in a binder, etc.

68blk500c

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 02:44:48 PM »

I did notice the print tab, and imagine I will use that some.  Thanks to both of you for your other suggestions; I will take it from there.  Don.

Shasmu

Shasta Mustang Supply

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 07:55:22 PM »

If you have interest in a thread, post a comment. Wink
Simply click on your own account name and you can check for your latest posts.
 You can even check other people's posts the same way.
Dave

68blk500c

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 10:17:05 PM »

Ok, Dave, I won't be bashful.  I'm trying to read through the archives to find information for restoration reference.  Many of those threads are dated, however the info. is  relevant.  I have already discovered threads that provide great info. so that I don't ask that very same question, again.  Everyone is quite helpful, and I want to try to respect that.  It is interesting the way related topics sprout from the original subject.

So far, I have found that patient reading has been more fruitful than using the search tool.  As the forum continues to grow, it will be that much more challenging to mine the content.  Don. 

Shasmu

Shasta Mustang Supply

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 11:01:22 PM »

Don,
Reading old threads is a great strategy!
 I like checking out the http://saacforum.com/galleryc/ also. Smiley  

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 11:06:14 PM by Shasmu » Logged

5S545

Oct 1965 - the new family car!

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 03:22:22 PM »

Ok, Dave, I won't be bashful.  I'm trying to read through the archives to find information for restoration reference.  Many of those threads are dated, however the info. is  relevant.  I have already discovered threads that provide great info. so that I don't ask that very same question, again.  Everyone is quite helpful, and I want to try to respect that.  It is interesting the way related topics sprout from the original subject.

So far, I have found that patient reading has been more fruitful than using the search tool.  As the forum continues to grow, it will be that much more challenging to mine the content.  Don.  

It's interesting, and I think very nice that it seems folks on here don't flame you if you are repeating a question that's already been addressed.  Maybe because it's a pretty small community and there's a real good chance that you will see that guy you flamed at a Convention every year..... Wink

And sometimes it gets seen and answered by different people, with new information.  I know I've found the "search" function to be capricious at best....but maybe that's just me... Roll Eyes

So, by all means, search and read the archives, but please don't be shy about asking questions.  We all learn from them and the tangents they often take. Grin

Deb

Bob Gaines

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 09:40:52 PM »

It's interesting, and I think very nice that it seems folks on here don't flame you if you are repeating a question that's already been addressed.  Maybe because it's a pretty small community and there's a real good chance that you will see that guy you flamed at a Convention every year..... Wink

And sometimes it gets seen and answered by different people, with new information.  I know I've found the "search" function to be capricious at best....but maybe that's just me... Roll Eyes

So, by all means, search and read the archives, but please don't be shy about asking questions.  We all learn from them and the tangents they often take. Grin

Deb
If one person asks a question there is probably ten others out there that want the same info but are too shy or for what ever reason don't ask. Some questions force us to research the subjects more and broaden our collective database.  Bob

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 12:23:38 PM »

If one person asks a question there is probably ten others out there that want the same info but are too shy or for what ever reason don't ask. Some questions force us to research the subjects more and broaden our collective database.  Bob

++1  Chug a Lug

Jeff Speegle
Shelby Enthusiast, Concours Judge, Detail Collector, ConcoursMustang.com Babysitter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!