News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Found under the carpet. 67 Fastback non Shelby

Started by pmustang, September 06, 2020, 06:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmustang

Kinda cool. Found under the carpet of a pretty darn original 67 Fastback. Never saw this before.

69mach351w

It says at top of paper "Paint department repair ticket", and shows a section of the Galaxie circled in pen and says "Dull Paint", I can't read the rest of it.  I'd say it had to be pulled from assemblyline and paint work done.

Then a worker just tossed it into the Mustang. 

rhjanes

Quote from: 69mach351w on September 06, 2020, 08:51:03 PM
It says at top of paper "Paint department repair ticket", and shows a section of the Galaxie circled in pen and says "Dull Paint", I can't read the rest of it.  I'd say it had to be pulled from assemblyline and paint work done.

Then a worker just tossed it into the Mustang.

I agree but I don't think Galaxies and Mustangs were ever on the same assembly lines.  I suspect it is a case of Ford had 5,000,000 of the same forms and, hey, cars are cars.  Just circle the general area that failed inspection and let the body/painter fix it. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

69mach351w

+1, I shoulda been more specific with my statement, just used Galaxie since it was shown on paper.

pmustang

Made my job of removing mouldy carpet a bit more interesting and got to add about a dozen pennies and lots of always wanted hardware to my collection.

One saw a 65 Shelby Add/Take off group of papers found in a Shelby and never got over the excitement, Shame it wasn't my car

Side-Oilers

If the car still has its factory paint, can you see where the paint repairs were made?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

J_Speegle

Travelers or inspector sheet indication a problem/and issue that needed fixing. There were mechanical, electrical, and the like Different sizes of forms and other differences. Depending on if they passed or not and what the issue was they were tossed in the car or thrown in the trash. Drawings/illustrations were generic

Appears to be related to paint given the hand writing. Have often found paint related ones tucked into the side roof rail above the door windows. (easier than tossing them in the trash I guess) and sometimes with paint over what ever surface was exposed from the redo/touch up

If I might ask what plant was the fastback built at?
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

gt350shelb

i have one from a nj built car i parted out  car was  still original paint . you could see the paint repair  that was  shown on the inspection sheet 
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

pmustang

Car VIN Starts with 9T0J to designate the factory where built. Metuchen if memory serves

Sorry for the delay J.S.

Peter