Author Topic: 1967 GT350 Motor Mounts  (Read 1358 times)

rmarble57

• View Profile
1967 GT350 Motor Mounts
« on: July 19, 2020, 04:16:05 PM »
Needing to replace aging motor mounts in my '67 GT350.
Are these any different than a standard Mustang with a 289?
I saw one reference where a set of aftermarket motor mounts indicated that they wouldn't work with hi-po exhaust manifolds.
Comparing one that I removed to an aftermarket assembly from Napa, the one I removed appears thicker/taller by a bit.
Tried to install the one from Napa and it won't come close to lining up.
Advice / reference appreciated.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 GT350 Motor Mounts
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 04:31:34 PM »
Needing to replace aging motor mounts in my '67 GT350.
Are these any different than a standard Mustang with a 289?
I saw one reference where a set of aftermarket motor mounts indicated that they wouldn't work with hi-po exhaust manifolds.
Comparing one that I removed to an aftermarket assembly from Napa, the one I removed appears thicker/taller by a bit.
Tried to install the one from Napa and it won't come close to lining up.
Advice / reference appreciated.
67  smallblock motor mount is one year only. I am not sure of the equivalent aftermarket replacement. I just keep nice used originals.  If you change the chassis motor to 68-70 SB you have all kinds of alternatives . Staying original not so much .Just passing on the info so that you can make a informed decision.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

roddster

• View Profile
Re: 1967 GT350 Motor Mounts
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 10:05:02 AM »
  I just bought a pair (well, ordered them) for my GT350.  One bad one was a C7 numbered origial.  No difference that I noticed.  Fit right in.  According to the parts guy, all the 67's are the same.  No HiPo noted.