News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Boss 302 oil cooler adapter

Started by shelbydoug, June 19, 2020, 09:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

The Ford oil cooler adapters, with the exception of the 67- Shelby GT500 version, all have thermostatically controlled pressure relief valves.

I can't find reference to the service part number on them or the temperature they open at.

Anyone here know those numbers?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Vcode

Here's the part number D0ZZ-6881-A (Casting # D0ZE-6884-A)

shelbydoug

Quote from: Vcode on June 19, 2020, 11:17:50 AM
Here's the part number D0ZZ-6881-A (Casting # D0ZE-6884-A)

V. Not the adapter itself, the part number of the "pressure relief valve" installed in the adapter.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Vcode

The only thing I see listed in the MPC is the by pass spring (two different springs listed one for 69 and one for 70) which is listed as serviced in the assemble only.

shelbydoug

Quote from: Vcode on June 19, 2020, 12:31:48 PM
The only thing I see listed in the MPC is the by pass spring (two different springs listed one for 69 and one for 70) which is listed as serviced in the assemble only.

Thanks for looking.

When I get parts, I'm always hot to trot. Don't want to take things apart and test them.

I likely will need to answer my own question on this anyway. I thought I had two adapters. One on the car, one on the shelf.

Either I'm getting forgetful (did you say something?) or parts are walking away off my shelves? I'm missing a collection of US silver dollars and a Con Ed service tech (changing the gas meter) was fascinated by my C7ZX intake and carbs he had to pass by for three days, so I wouldn't be shocked recognizable stuff that fit into a pocket walked away?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!