Author Topic: 1968 blower motor rebuild  (Read 1986 times)

hurlbird

• View Profile
1968 blower motor rebuild
« on: June 13, 2020, 03:17:14 PM »
I guess if you follow my series of questions to this group you can figure out where I am in my restoration.... So is the blower motor something rebuildable? looks lie a lot of repro junk is out there.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 1968 blower motor rebuild
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 04:00:52 PM »
I guess if you follow my series of questions to this group you can figure out where I am in my restoration.... So is the blower motor something rebuildable? looks lie a lot of repro junk is out there.
Working nice used blower motors are relatively still very prevalent only needing cosmetic restoration. That would certainly be a better alternative then a repro and typically less expensive then a professionally rebuilt blower motor.Just my opinion on the subject. Others may have different opinions.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

hurlbird

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 08:37:29 PM »
a lot of work to replace id hate to have it fail quickly....

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 10:17:24 PM »
a lot of work to replace id hate to have it fail quickly....
Sure they fail sometimes but out of millions It is typically in the small minority. Not much in them to go bad. Rebuilding service I am aware is about charges 125-150.00 per motor. There is a NOS one in the for sale section now. Do what makes you feel comfortable.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby