The Official SAAC Forum
December 17, 2017, 08:42:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1965 Shelby engine bays  (Read 1543 times)
DR

Anyone can buy it...Few Can build it!!

« on: December 01, 2010, 02:50:15 PM »

Ok this is going to sound strange but here goes anyway....I know of one confirmed 65 shelby that left the factory with a wimbelton white engine bay. It was confirmed by the original owner on the day he picked it up from the factory and after being stored for 37 years I was lucky enough to see it for myself.  In a discusion yesterday with someone else he told me of another 65 that had a white engine bay. I first though perhaps he was talking about the same car but determined he was not.

I have learned that nearly every part or fabrication on these early cars has an exception somewhere that differs from the standard but I wonder if anyone knows of any other 65's that had the engine bay painted wimbelton white? Just curious if anyone knows more on this and perhaps why it was done the few times it seems to be done..

130 miles from Laguna Seca Raceway
190 miles from Sonoma Raceway
205 miles to Fontana Raceway

My low post count means I use my brain first and my mouth second!
SFM5S000

California Native

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 09:02:49 PM »

Hello,

This is the car Daryl is talking about as it sat for some 37+ years. This is a pic of car 5Sxxx from late last year, now residing on the east coast somewhere. The new owner I've seen here on the forum. I will respect his privacy and car number. The image is prior to its mild restoration. As one can see through the grill it was white...

Cheers,
~Earl J

* being removed from its 37 Year storage.jpg (39.01 KB, 480x360 - viewed 308 times.)

* being removed and trailered.jpg (63.53 KB, 480x360 - viewed 252 times.)

2015 VP NorCal Region SAAC
2013/14 Member at Large Norcal Region SAAC
2012 VP NorCal Region SAAC
vernonestes

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 09:12:21 PM »

Hello,

This is the car Daryl is talking about as it sat for some 37+ years. This is a pic of car 5Sxxx from late last year, now residing on the east coast somewhere. The new owner I've seen here on the forum. I will respect his privacy and car number. The image is prior to its mild restoration. As one can see through the grill it was white...

Cheers,
~Earl J

Looks like she's still got HiPo Motors plate frames on! SHHWWWWEEEEEEET  Chug a Lug

Best,
Vern

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!